75 of 84 people found the following review helpful
Another great mouse from Logitech
, September 11, 2009
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX (Old Version) (Personal Computers)
It is great mouse, and I can definitely recommend it if you are looking for new laptop mouse. Here are some more details:
1. Appearance: It is very similar to VX Nano, but has better rubber and color coating.
2. Size: It is a bit larger than VX Nano. (I assume the new laser technology, Dark-Field might be required more space. Another obvious reason is two AA batteries are used rather than AAA batteries which are used in VX Nano. Anyway, this mouse is still small enough to easily carry around.)
3. Left & Right buttons: They are a bit heavier touch than VX Nano. I don't like heavy touch on left & right buttons because it makes my fingers get tired faster. It is my preference, so other people could like a bit heavier touch.
4. Back & Forward buttons: They are a little difficult to click with my thumb (I believe my hand is typical size). They should be located same as VX Nano.
5. Hyper-fast scrolling: I always love this scrolling mechanism since it was introduced, and it is one key reason I prefer Logitech mouse. But, there is one problem that its rubber band around the hyper-fast scrolling can be loosed in some time. After the rubber band is loosed, it makes erratic resistance while it is spinning. I guess it may not be a problem to someone, but to me, it is serious problem because I use it all the time. I think Logitech should do something about the rubber band.
6. Dark-Field Laser tracking: I don't know how much it is more accurate and precise than typical laser tracking, but I can be sure that it can be used almost any surfaces including glass & laminated surface which typical laser or optical mouse wouldn't work. It is truly amazing. You will love this.
7. Carrying Case: It is come with carrying case which seems to look better, but its size is smaller than the carrying case of VX nano. So, it has very tight fit which makes a bit difficult to be zipped. I have switched its carrying case with VX nano carrying case.
8. Battery life: at this point, I cannot say much about it, but assume Anywhere MX consumes a little bit more battery since it uses AA rather than AAA. Plus, the dark-field laser tracking mechanism might be required more power than typical laser tracking.
Last thing is "SetPoint" program which is its driver from Logitech. It gives some options to customize each button, but limitation. I might suggest "uberOptions"([...]) which allows customizing each button any way you want, but use it at own your risk.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?