5.0 out of 5 stars Another great mouse from Logitech, September 11, 2009
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX (Old Version) (Personal Computers)
It is great mouse, and I can definitely recommend it if you are looking for new laptop mouse. Here are some more details:
1. Appearance: It is very similar to VX Nano, but has better rubber and color coating.

2. Size: It is a bit larger than VX Nano. (I assume the new laser technology, Dark-Field might be required more space. Another obvious reason is two AA batteries are used rather than AAA batteries which are used in VX Nano. Anyway, this mouse is still small enough to easily carry around.)

3. Left & Right buttons: They are a bit heavier touch than VX Nano. I don't like heavy touch on left & right buttons because it makes my fingers get tired faster. It is my preference, so other people could like a bit heavier touch.

4. Back & Forward buttons: They are a little difficult to click with my thumb (I believe my hand is typical size). They should be located same as VX Nano.

5. Hyper-fast scrolling: I always love this scrolling mechanism since it was introduced, and it is one key reason I prefer Logitech mouse. But, there is one problem that its rubber band around the hyper-fast scrolling can be loosed in some time. After the rubber band is loosed, it makes erratic resistance while it is spinning. I guess it may not be a problem to someone, but to me, it is serious problem because I use it all the time. I think Logitech should do something about the rubber band.

6. Dark-Field Laser tracking: I don't know how much it is more accurate and precise than typical laser tracking, but I can be sure that it can be used almost any surfaces including glass & laminated surface which typical laser or optical mouse wouldn't work. It is truly amazing. You will love this.

7. Carrying Case: It is come with carrying case which seems to look better, but its size is smaller than the carrying case of VX nano. So, it has very tight fit which makes a bit difficult to be zipped. I have switched its carrying case with VX nano carrying case.

8. Battery life: at this point, I cannot say much about it, but assume Anywhere MX consumes a little bit more battery since it uses AA rather than AAA. Plus, the dark-field laser tracking mechanism might be required more power than typical laser tracking.

Last thing is "SetPoint" program which is its driver from Logitech. It gives some options to customize each button, but limitation. I might suggest "uberOptions"([...]) which allows customizing each button any way you want, but use it at own your risk.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2010 6:07:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2010 6:10:02 AM PDT
Thank you for the nice review! I found a solution for the rubber band that you might find useful. My mouse reached the point that I couldn't really use the scroll wheel after the band of rubber on the scroll wheel started to loosen. It would catch on the casing's tight clearance inside the mouse. I opened the mouse and finally concluded that cutting the rubber band off would fix the issue. It's now back to normal.

I work with contracts, power points, and other lengthy documents... I agree that the scrolling feature is superb. Even necessary. I haven't had any further issues over the last six months.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2010 11:28:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2010 11:44:44 PM PST
Jack says:
Thanks to you both! You addressed my concerns like no other review in the dozens I've read.

I was weary of the longevity of rubber materials, since I had a Microsoft rubber-coated mouse which turned gooey long before the warranty expired. On the other hand, my Cordless Click Plus mouse (=MX310) is bare/painted plastic and have lasted for years. Thankfully its rubber wheel held up well. I'm sure plastic, while slippery, is a much more stable material than rubber. So here are my 2 standing concerns:

1. When you cut off the rubber band, is the metal wheel smooth or does the groove where the rubber was hurt your fingers?
2. Since the body of the mouse is covered in rubber, is it high quality, easy to clean rubber? Or does it feel like it's disintegrating after months of use?

Thank you.

It will be a shame if the mouse and electronics can last years, but the coating is designed for obsolescence within a few months.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2010 12:37:46 AM PST
Hello Jack!

Responses to your questions:
1. When you cut off the rubber band.... The groove gently cradles the finger and for me is a non-issue. We now have three of these in the household, two with the band and one without. I use all of them and never think twice about moving between them.
2. The body has a very nice feel to it and hasn't changed at all under heavy use.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:08:30 AM PDT
Wow, thanks for those three comments guys. With the combination of the actual review and three pieces of additional input, it's all I need to convince me to buy the mouse.

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 3:08:26 PM PDT
Rachel says:
great review. this was very helpful. I love this mouse. thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (594 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $35.15