5.0 out of 5 stars AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT I NEEDED ONE..., May 11, 2009
This review is from: Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
Check out this video for some great recipes and ideas.

[...]

I have a larger Cuisinart that sits on the shelf for months at a time and a 2 cup Black and Decker mini processor, which is just way too small, but I used it for years anyway. I had seen this model on a lot of TV cooking shows, but had no idea what size or brand it was. Now I am recognizing my model in use almost everyday.

I recently came across this 4 cup Cuisinart, quite by accident, and I absolutely love it. I have used it more in the last few weeks that I used the 2 cup in 6 months. It makes excellent bread crumbs, fresh and dried, and just the right amount of salsa or tapenade in seconds. Yes, it does pulverize onions, but I watch it very closely and since they are an ingredient, not served by themselves, they work out fine.

Four cups is a good size and it has a lot of power. It's easy to use and clean.

*** In response to the review where the motor died after only a few uses ... this happened to me the third or fourth time that I used it - it just stopped working. Fortunately my husband was standing there and while I was having a fit, he simply pushed the long plastic thing into the base to make the connection. I hadn't pushed it in all the way. No problem after that and I now make sure it is inserted properly.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2010 10:03:55 AM PST
I found your review very helpful. Could you tell me if it shreds cheese? I know larger food processors do so, but I only need a small foor processor.

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 10:41:19 AM PST
Canthespam says:
Maureen, Since it doesn't have any discs, just the blade, you can't shred anything in it. I use a hand grater for smaller amounts of cheese. Other than that, it really is a great little product.

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 8:57:02 AM PST
V. Marshall says:
Is this powerful enough to handle pie dough?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2011 9:25:08 AM PST
Canthespam says:
I don't bake, but I think that it would be way too small for dough. It is only 4 cups. I use it for all sorts of other things, including bread crumbs, great tapenade, etc..

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 12:34:08 AM PDT
The URL no longer goes to a video but a static page reading "SOLD OUT".

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 10:33:13 AM PDT
Canthespam says:
I'm sorry that the video is no longer avail. I posted it in May 2009, two years and 4 months ago. I still love this little gem and use it regularly.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 2:59:18 PM PST
I hope you don't mind another question? I only need a food processor to make baby food for my 18 year old cat. I want to puree chicken breasts, liver, maybe beef. Do you think it would handle that?

You've been so sweet to keep answering questions for two years!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 3:05:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 3:06:17 PM PST
Canthespam says:
I'm not sure, probably small amounts. It seems to cut through everything I put in it. Try different sized pieces. The toughest thing that I do, is dog freeze dried liver cubes and it works well. I grind up the liver and add it to the cookies that I make for my Shih Tzu Zebby.

Do medium amounts of cooked beef, liver or chicken and experiment with the sizes of the pieces. I love what you are doing for your fur baby.

Write back and let me know if it works for you - I am curious.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 3:35:32 PM PST
I am ordering it now, thank you so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 9:52:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 9:55:21 PM PST
Canthespam says:
You're welcome. Let me (us) know how it works with the meat and chicken. I love it for bread crumbs and tapenade.

I just noticed that it is $39.99 on Amazon ... that is a good price.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›