5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, People are actually mad about the swearing?, September 19, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
First off, I'd like to say this is a great album. From start to finish I was never bored or like, hmm, this song sounds like a filler. She's got stuff to say and yes, we've heard it before, the relationship angst and what not. But how predictable would it be for P!nk to put out an album full of cutesy songs about her daughter? She would've been slammed so hard. Instead she let us know she's here to stay, and I'm thrilled.

Now on the swearing subject. DO YOU GUYS NOT KNOW WHO P!NK IS? HOW DARE YOU BUY A P!NK ALBUM AND BE OFFENDED BY THE F WORD? SHE HAD A SONG CALLED "F****** PERFECT". It's like buying a lemon and being like "oh my god, this lemon, i just didn't realize it was going to be sour". durrr, lemons are sour, p!nk says the f word. Let's move on.

"Try" is a standout song. It's actually one of my favorite P!nk songs in her 6 album career.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2012 1:33:55 AM PDT
B A says:
LMAO! I completely agree with you about the swearing!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 1:20:00 PM PDT
Mommy says:
Exactly, big huge DUH to you people!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 3:42:45 PM PDT
T. Noble says:
sounds like you were commenting off my review. Good review though, totally agree about the cursing :)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 1:16:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 1:16:23 PM PDT
jlr says:
I literally just downloaded the album so I haven't listened to it yet. I've been a fan of Pink's for a few years. Like you said, she wouldn't be Pink if she didn't swear! That's why her stuff is labeled [Explicit]. Der.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 4:54:14 PM PDT
Agree with you about "Try". It's outstanding.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:45:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 9:46:00 PM PDT
LostFan says:
I had to laugh also at the people mad about the swearing...it clearly states on the cover that the album is explicit. You expect swearing.

I find "Try" the weakest of the whole album.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 7:34:28 AM PDT
It hurts their widdle ears, and they can't read, so they don't know the album is "explicit."

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 2:41:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 3:16:25 PM PDT
G. Page says:
Personally, I have no problem with swearing, per se. However, I'm troubled by what I see as (ever-increasing) cynical pandering by the record companies. There's a clear distinction between the two.

While P!nk's image has always arguably been "in your face" the recent trend toward loading every pop song title up with explitives and double-entendres (by the way, the "blow me" play-on-words has been done before - it's not exactly fresh) is, in my view, just kind of transparent and obvious. It's tired and played out, and I don't think it's particularly "edgy" either.

I'm not offended by the WORDS; I'm offended by what seems to be crass commercial opportunism. It all smacks of vulgar posturing just for the sake of being vulgar, which I find kinda weak. It would be far more rebellious to do a top 40 pop song without resorting to the obvious "hot buttons" which I can't think anyone (outside of a few, isolated, vocal, sheltered, puritanical types) REALLY finds all that "shocking" anymore. How about artists being SHOCKING with their ideas, rather than empty words? Now THERE'S a novel concept.

I've got nothing against P!nk and there's no need for anyone to say, "So don't listen to it." (After the initial listen to see if I would like it, I haven't.)
I just think, in general, it's sad how the record companies, in an effort to
keep making boatloads of money off the backs of a select few artists, have become even more calculated and pandering (and maybe even a tad bit contemptuous of the music-buying public). Their total disregard for the creation of vital, creative, original pop music (as if such music and the pursuit of profit are mutally exclusive) is profoundly depressing. Well, I say F#&@ THAT!!!

No offense! :)

Glenn Page Muisc

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 10:29:24 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 27, 2012 10:36:13 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 12:59:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 12:59:42 PM PDT
Great review!

Anyone who complains about the lyrics or song titles is obviously not a fan of Pink's career. Pink is gritty, upfront, and ballsy with her songs. That is simply Pink's own personality, and I commend her for not trying to change that aspect of her music throughout her career.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (847 customer reviews)

Reviewer