191 of 192 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour (Gluten Free), 16 Ounce Canister (Grocery)
This is the second time I've ordered this coconut flour. It's great to bake with. This is my favorite recipe to make with it. I have also used this basic recipe and leave out the chocolate and make a raspberry zinger like cake by spreading sugar free raspberry jam on top of the cake batter and sprinkling unsweetened coconut flakes on top before baking. I buy most of my baking supplies at Netrition because it's cheaper and only costs four ninety five for shipping no matter how much you buy. Here's the recipe for the coconut cake. I use 3 eggs and a little more coconut milk and use whatever sugar substitute you like. I use a mix of liquid splenda, erythritol and stevia extract.
Chocolate Almond Joy Cake
¾ cup canned coconut milk
2 teaspoons almond extract
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup blanched almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 bar of 72% chopped dark chocolate
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, almond extract and palm sugar with a mixer.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet with a mixer.
4. Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
5. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
6. Pour batter into dish, then sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. (Enjoy the smell of toasted coconut wafting through the house!)
8. Cool for 1 hour.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2013 8:11:37 AM PDT
Julie Engstrom says:
What is the protein count on this coconut flour. The only coconut flour sold in my area has very, very little protein. I read that Amanprana coconut flour has over 20 grams of protein. Could you look your flour and let me know?
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2013 8:20:27 AM PDT
Calmer1, I just looked on the back of my can of coconut secret and it lists 3.5g of protein in 2 tablespoons.
Posted on Jan 23, 2015 6:08:40 PM PST
Mary Ann Sperka says:
Thank you for sharing this recipe, it sounds great...I will try it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›