Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Tow Bar!!!, April 15, 2010
This review is from: Schwinn Joyrider Bicycle Trailer (Red/Gray) (Sports)
I was so excited to get this trailer, it had everything I was looking for. All the design features and included extras seemed way too good to be true for the price. I researched like crazy before choosing the Joyrider, and couldn't wait to get ours. It came at the end of March 2010 and we used it every day for 2 straight weeks. I have 2 year old twins who very quickly fell in love with our bike rides together. Everything was going along great until a few days ago when our tow bar BROKE. It didn't just break, it actually fell off of the trailer because of faulty hardware that was used to assemble it! Please be careful, this was not just a fluke accident, the nut and bolt that were used to attach my tow bar to my trailer were not able to stay joined because the bolt was too short. The reason they used such a short bolt was to accomodate the swivel feature of the tow bar. Who cares about swiveling and stowing a tow bar that can fall right off???

I am so thankful that this happened while I was in my driveway and NOT during a commute with my children. Please take this into consideration. I did a full review with pictures and full details here..... [...]

I really wish that I would have come across a reveiw like this when I was doing all my research, most of the reviews address very minor concerns in comparison to actual tow bar DEFECTS.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 6, 2012 2:01:05 PM PDT
Paul Boyer says:
I am due in couple weeks and I dont have a stroller nor a car seat, I´m shopping around. I wanted to buy de POD but seems like it doesnt work for new borns-infants below 12 months old? Can you put the baby car seat inside and attach it? maybe I wont go biking with it until the baby is older, but I dont want to spend money on a stroller and then on another one later. What would you recommend?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 4:33:36 PM PDT
I would not recommend this product to anyone, not only because of the safety issues I encountered but also b/c it's too wide for practical stroller use. If you want a quality trailer check out Burley. If you're concerned about price and working within a budget I would suggest you look into a travel system, which would include a stroller AND a car seat (infant~of course) or even just a snap and go stroller frame which will accommodate most infant seats and is fairly inexpensive.

Check out craigslist for slightly used trailers.

I actually used an iBert, which attaches to your handle bars, for my youngest and really enjoyed having her in front of me for our rides. Hope that helps and congratulations.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 9:14:57 PM PDT
Larry says:
Best product ever bought for my twin boys. I've had it for over 3 years and take it everywhere. My boys just turned 4 and it is still in excellent condition. The only negative thing I can say about this product is the pathetic attachment for the cup holder and storage pouch. It has a mesh screen to keep debris out and an additional clear panel that attaches to protect against rain, snow and wind. Better than any double stroller because of the additional features and it folds flat and has quick release wheels. It is about an inch too wide for some doorways but you quickly remove the one wheel push thru doorway and reattach the wheel with minimal inconvenience. The tow bar works great especially when you wipe out on your bike and the bike trailer remains in the upright position with your precious cargo intact and unharmed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012 9:03:38 PM PDT
Gigismom says:
I loved my Chicco Keyfit 30 infant seat and bought the Chicco S3 All Terrain Stroller for jogging since I could use the car seat in the stroller. It isn't recommended that children under a year old ride in bike trailers since they cannot wear a helmet yet. I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 4:06:33 PM PST
Yoshi says:
I understand you've probably already settled on a trailer and your child is most likely out of baby sling mode... but, for future reference, many trailers come with optional baby slings.

The Burley Encore certainly does. So does Chariot Carrier. Typically the more high end trailers do.

I would strongly suggest not purchasing a Joyrider unless they find a better, more secure way of attaching the bar. Thanks to this review I went with a Burley Encore. We'll see how it holds up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 2:10:55 PM PST
Theoketos says:
I love this stroller and have used for about 5 years through 3 kids straight. However, It would not strap a car seat in it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›