Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not going to be nice anymore. This company should be ashamed of themselves., December 8, 2011
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (Video Game)
1 Star? Believe me, I am not a huge fan of 1 star or 5 star reviews. It would be REALLY hard to be that good or that bad. But you know what? I'm so sick and tired of this bigtime corporation (EA) ruining everything that they touch. Ever since Ultima Online, they just buy their way into things and ruin them over and over again. Let me tell you why this game sucks. There are more than a few reasons, but I'll put like 15 reasons in each category. (PC VERSION)

1- ACCOUNT creation mishaps. I went through everything bad that can happen to someone when they are creating an account for a game. EA Account, Merge with Origin account, ok sounds easy enough even though I shouldn't need this origin crap to begin with. But sure, I'll MEET YOUR DEMANDS. I merged accounts after having "e-mail already found" types of crap happening, and other stupid errors. I am not a genius, but after using computers for 15+ years I know how to make an account, and this site sucked for it. I installed origin crap, I installed the game. Finally, let's play this thing.

4- It's clunky in general. Pretty much every menu in the browser and in the game are clumsy and take getting use to. Not a HUGE minus because many games have this problem. But it's a Cherry on top to why this game sucks. I'm sick of typing now so I'll end with this.

EA is the single most crippling thing for video games this day and age. They got into the market at the right time, lots of people playing video games these days. They have their hand in almost everything and they are SOLELY out for money. They will water down the integrity of products to no end. They have deadlines, demands, and proprietary crap all over their name. I can't stand them, and until you give all of their crap 1 star, when it deserves it... they will continue to produce garbage.

I don't know much about DICE, so I won't diss them. But that EA/ORIGIN thing is what made this game the worst for me.

4GB patch came out already... THATS HOW BROKEN IT WAS/IS. STOP BUYING THESE REHASHED WARGAMES AND FEEDING THAT CORPORATE GARBAGE MACHINE. I don't usually rage, but I am genuinely raging right now. I plan to play SWTOR, and I'm SOOO afraid that EA will ruin it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2011 2:07:50 AM PST
Red Guy says:
"They have their hand in almost everything and they are SOLELY out for money. They will water down the integrity of products to no end. They have deadlines, demands, and proprietary crap all over their name."

You described EA perfectly, kudos!

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 11:27:17 AM PST
Sean says:
LOL great post!

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 4:25:43 AM PST
gloryworks says:
That 4gb patch was a map pack.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 11:21:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2011 11:36:45 PM PST
Pulseczar says:
"I can't stand [EA], and until you give all of their crap 1 star, when it deserves it... they will continue to produce garbage."

No, it will take not buying their games to make them stop putting out unfinished garbage like this. My hatred for EA goes way back to Battlefield 1942, when they used to censor posts on their forums that complained about how horrible they were for letting bugs stay in the game for so long, despite having plenty of resources to pump out expansions that no one cared about. And here we are again, almost 10 years later, with EA still releasing unfinished, rushed garbage, leaving games riddled with bugs while they pump out expansions. You said it best. They are solely out for money. It's the only language they speak, and not buying their games is the only way to convince them to stop this BS, because they clearly don't care about our criticism and their reputation. They've been a very hated company for years. They don't care that they are hated, as long as they keep swimming in dough. Until we gamers demand better, by not buying crap, game developers will keep selling us crap. Glad I only paid $35 for this s***.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:12:46 AM PST
You hit the nail on the head with your review. I was so excited to play this game when it came out. But EA has totally ruined the experience of playing by using their Origin service and logging onto servers for multi-player from your web browser. 2-5 Minute load times for each match? Seriously? And that's if you don't get an "error" or "failed to join server" message at the end of your 2-5 minute wait/load.

Its truly is a love hate relationship with EA. They have genuinely good and fun games franchises themselves such as Deadspace, Battlefield, Crysis, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and more. But boy do they hamper your experience with their TERRIBLE customer service, ridiculous DRM, bugs that might not even allow you to play your game for weeks or even months until a patch is released, and the worst of all ORIGIN! I solely play on the PC now but I think that only purchasing EA games on a console like the Xbox 360 may be a viable solution to avoid the nightmare of an experience given by EA on the PC.

The most ironic part about that however is if and when their PC game revenue were to dip because people have just had enough of EA's crap, they would just blame the sales dip on piracy on not even consider "gee maybe if we sold a better product and made the experience better for our customers our sales would be better"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 7:22:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2012 7:23:34 AM PST
I also thought that "voting with my dollars" would get the message across. But take other game companies that release games for the PC like Ubisoft, who have also been heavily criticized for using disruptive DRM in their games. When their PC games revenue took a dip, did they blame the quality of their games and the user experience? Nope. They blamed piracy.

I'm not sure what it will take for companies like EA and Ubisoft to see past their bullheadedness & start accepting responsibility as for why sales may be dipping and start connecting it with their customer feedback.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 5:15:33 PM PDT
Nep Eman says:
How is them releasing a 4GB patch a bad thing? I guess you could say that it shows how poorly made the game is, except that it's not a poorly made game, and it's made even better that all of the bugs are fixed thanks to the patch. I agree with the rest of this review though. Why can't EA just have good DRM and anti-cheat like Valve?

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 10:04:47 PM PDT
Marco says:
I only disagree in that GAMESTOP is the single most crippling element to the video game industry.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 9:36:54 AM PDT
Chris91 says:
"2- *double-clicks BF3 Icon* waits. waits. (my computer is pretty decent)ok, FIREFOX OPENS. WHAT? OK INSTALL PLUGINS... WHAT? oh my GOD... ok calm down. I install the plugins necessary to let EA take over my web browser. I'VE MET YOUR DEMANDS, TAKE MY COMPUTER! now let me try your game. Ok after crashing a few times before even getting to see the game yet, BOOM...I notice some battlelog crap open in my bottom right windows thing. WOAH, wait a minute, I need 4 (no exaggeration) programs working "TOGETHER" to run a FREAKING GAME. That's FOUR PROGRAMS. Origin, Firefox, Battlelog, BF3.exe. oh and if you count the plugin open in firefox, that's 5. The game launches through your webrowser on some crappy EA webpage for the game. I really can't take it... but it gets better.

3- Ok cool, I don't have a solid state drive, but after loading the game up for 2 minutes, (Skyrim loads in 10 seconds or less)I finally get to play. Ok, adjusting graphical settings... Well, my computer can only handle medium or so... not EA's fault there. READY to play. I go in the game. I'm getting 50 fps(nice) and the first thing I notice is my crosshair dissapears. NOT HARDCORE MODE, no. It just dissapears. Ok, must be my gun. Switch guns and it's back. Switch back and it's there... OK. Walk around a corner, ITS GONE. WOWOWOWOWOW, I HATE THIS GAME."

Last Battlefield game I will buy until EA and DICE un screw themselves.

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 9:19:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2013 9:22:35 PM PDT
I have only played this on xbox 360 and it was freaking awesome! Thanks for the straight up review! Won't be trying with PC, but I have played mass effect 3 and that origin crap is ridiculous there to. takes way to long to play a game, payed for the game not you dumb origin account, cant even play the game without internet...really?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›