5.0 out of 5 stars Jillian has outdone herself!, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack (DVD)
I sat down & watched this workout to get familiar with it before I actually attempted it. I got tired just WATCHING! Jillian is amazing, as always! This workout is her best, and hardest, to date.

I did it for the first time yesterday...and I am SORE today! I'm in better shape than the average woman my age (45). This winter, I'm doing 2-a-day training sessions: working out with Jillian's various DVDs @ 4am before work, then running either at lunchtime on the treadmill in the gym at work or after I get home in the evening around my neighborhood. I also do a long run on the weekend. I've run 20+ races in the past 3 years, including 7 half marathons and 1 full marathon. I'm not an elite runner, by any means; I'm more of a middle-of-the-pack runner, but my point is that I work out all the time, I'm in really good shape, but this workout KICKED MY BUTT! I had to do the 'beginner version' of a lot of the exercises, though the girl doing the beginner modifications wasn't using a handweight. I did.

Oh, and don't be fooled just because it's called '6 week 6-pack.' You won't be laying on the floor doing crunches the whole time. As always, Jillian keeps it aerobic, working multiple muscle groups simultaneously. Your biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, and back are going to feel the burn too because a lot of the exercises are done in plank, or some variation of plank.

I HIGHLY recommend this workout! Absolutely LOVE it! Yes, I'm sore from doing it yesterday...and yes, I'm doing it again tomorrow!

If you're a fan of Jillian's style, you will NOT be disappointed!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2011 7:31:04 AM PST
Izzydog says:
Great review! I love Jillian's workouts.

Right now I'm rehabbing a foot stress fracture so am looking for no impact things to do in the meantime and figured I'd focus on my abs. Would you say that most of this workout is done on the floor?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 9:35:31 AM PST
Cara Stone says:
These workouts (there's a level 1 & a level 2) are definitely NOT no impact...or even LOW impact. There are cardio intervals, as always, and a lot of standing ab work.

I would probably hold off on this DVD until the stress fracture's fully healed. Having said that though, you could watch it first and consider which exercises you can't / shouldn't do right now and what you could substitute for them until you're healed. For instance, you could substitute punches (jab, cross, jab, cross or upper cuts) in a half-squat position for the other cardio intervals. Jillian mentioned in 'Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' that punches are a good way to get cardio in when you have any type of lower body injury.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2011 5:22:12 AM PST
Izzydog says:
Thanks for the reply, Cara. I think I'll get it and do the upper body work as you suggest, along with floor work, until I'm healed.

Last winter I did Jillian DVDs just about every day and was in the best shape of my life. I love her - excited to see she's got a "Ripped in 30" DVD, coming out on March 1. While I don't get bored with any of her DVDS, it's great to have a rotation of them.

Thanks again.

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 10:53:21 AM PST
Awesome review Cara! I too own this dvd and have sat and reviewed it as well. It seems a bit intimidating and for that reason I haven't started using it yet. I see that you mentioned that you will start a 2-a-day session working out with jillian and doing some running. I think I will make that a goal of mines as well, doing a 2-a-day session: Walk for 3 miles in the morning and working out to jillian in the evening!

Just getting started is a PLUS!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 10:36:18 AM PDT
Hermione says:
No, it is about half standing up and half on the floor, but there is no jumping. The only thing that approaches impact to the joints in level 1 is mountain climbers on the floor.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 11:24:04 AM PDT
Cara Stone says:
...and burpees...and plank jacks

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 8:21:39 PM PDT
Irongrl says:
Great review! I'm going to order this one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,213 customer reviews)

$14.98 $8.18