5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW FOR NON-ONLINE PLAYERS, November 24, 2010
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Ok, let me begin this review by saying I love shooters and have been playing them ever since I was a kid and Wolfenstien was on PC. That evolved to Goldeneye on Nintendo 64. That all changed when Metal Gear Solid came out for PS1 and I now wanted a good story to go along with my gameplay. I have always kind of liked the COD world war series, but never got into it. When MW1 came out I was blown away, I loved the game and it had a good story to tell. My only complaint with MW2 was that the story was not only lacking, but down right stupid. I never got into multiplayer because I don't have the time to train myself to compete with a bunch of 5th graders who spend 40 hours a week playing the game.

This all leads me to Black Ops, as with all 1st person shooters the campaign is short, yet good. The action is intense and the overall gaming is fun. What made the campaign even more fun was that I felt fully drawn into the game due to the compelling story. I actually wanted to check out zombies but I could not draw myself away from the campaign in order to check it out. The story was that good; I wanted to find out what happens. I'm not going into detail what the story is about because you probably already read that somewhere else. As far as the graphics, I thought they looked sharp. The scenery was not as sharp as MW2 because their seemed to be a haze in the air everywhere I went but it was still looking good. My favorite part was in Vietnam they started playing rock music from the time of the Vietnam War, which made it fill even more authentic.

As far as zombies go, it's fun to shoot zombies every now and then when I have a few free minutes so it's a nice add-on bonus.

Bottom line, if you are a lone wolf player like me, this is definitely the game for you. If you are a strictly on-line player, read someone else's review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2010 12:14:19 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 18, 2011 3:08:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 10:25:16 PM PST
J. Loftus says:
Point taken. I just typed out a real quick review without proof-reading because there were so many already posted. I went back and corrected all (or most of) my mistakes.

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 10:28:32 AM PST
M. Johnson says:
"I don't have the time to train myself to compete with a bunch of 5th graders who spend 40 hours a week playing the game" that's how I think a lot of people feel with this game! I agree with your review, and that d bag that commented on your spelling is one of those 5th graders you were talking about.

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 8:11:37 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 13, 2011 12:59:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 12:42:36 PM PST
Thanks for a great review. I think there are a lot of players who avoid the online environment for whatever reason, and getting some insight from an offline player is just what I wanted. And while Bob Godfrey came across and an A55, I think the only people who say spelling and grammar do not matter are the ones who don't know it, Mr Bassano.

Posted on Dec 20, 2010 4:30:55 PM PST
R. Roman says:
Good review. I also play FPS mainly for the story, Half-Life has spoiled me though, so getting this was a huge change for me. Just got a PS3 recently too. So the main reason I got this game was to see what all my friends were raving about. It's been surprisingly fun to play with them online. Especially with Zombies since it's just a few of us in the game. Great stuff.

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 7:58:52 PM PST
K. Mui says:
This was a helpful review. I dislike going online due to the same reasons that you have given in your review. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 3:21:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 29, 2010 3:43:10 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 7:43:03 PM PST
Angry Panda says:
Ditto the thanks above for your offline review. I also come from a PC FPS background, like story as much as shooting, and dislike playing online against random juveniles with no civility. Got this for myself for X-Mas. :)

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 11:49:07 AM PST
One of the very few reviews applicable to me. Thanks so much!

I don't care at all for online play, and was starting to get discouraged that I'd ever find reviews that didn't go something like: "OMG online is awesome, never tried the single player cause thats for loosers lol so fun!!1!"

I was beginning to think I was the only one. But after reading your review, I think I just may have to go out and get this.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (1,255 customer reviews)

$49.99 $24.70