5.0 out of 5 stars One Fantastic Mystery, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Murder for Choir (A Glee Club Mystery) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have three words for y'all: Show. Choir. Mystery. HOW MUCH COOLER CAN YOU GET? And with Murder for Choir, Joelle Charbonneau delivers one awesome mystery that will keep you trying to work out all the pieces until the last minute.

I love a good mystery. My obsession with mysteries began back when I cracked open my first Nancy Drew book and was further fueled by all the Trixie Belden books I read. Since then, I am always looking for the next mystery to read. And I definitely found it with Murder for Choir. Paige Marshall is going to take the world by storm, as she is an awesome character and one heck of a sleuth.

In addition to being pretty much obsessed with mysteries, I have an unhealthy obsession for show choir. As a singer, dancer, and actress, show choir was pretty awesome. Joelle Charbonneau perfectly captures all the drama and emotions that are caught up in it. I've known more than a few Chessies in my life, who is the egotistical talented girl of the choir.

I loved that I was never really certain who to trust. I would become convinced that I had figured out who was the murderer, but a few chapters later I would find my allegiances shifting characters once again. Up until the last minute, the answers completely evaded me. I did figure out a few small pieces, but I loved the surprise that came at the end.

The characters were all fabulous. I loved Paige - she was so head strong and just a really admirable character. Aunt Millie was a complete hoot! I loved her! She is one of those people I would love to meet in real life as she was always coming up with something new and unexpected. Devlyn was another character who I really liked - he was just so funny.

Basically, Murder for Choir by Joelle Charbonneau was a complete winner. It had a great mystery, a little bit of romance, and show choir. What more can you need? Anyone who wants a great mystery should pick this one up right away!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]