5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this camera!, May 1, 2011
This review is from: Sony DSC-WX10 Cyber-Shot 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with 7x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom G Lens and Full HD 1080/60i Video (Black) (Electronics)
I've been waiting for this camera for a couple months and I finally got it through Amazon. I've used it for 5 days now and so far I am very happy with this little camera.

Pros:
1. I bought this camera especially for its low light capiablity. I don't like to use falsh, but often need to take pictures of kids or cat indoors. It works really well.
2. The Backlight Correction HDR (inside SCN mode) works exceptionally well! Great for those high contrast outdoor sunny day situations. I'll post the sample photos for you to compare.
3. Soft Skin (under SCN mode) take portrait with softer, smoother skin (less wrinkles and pimples). My skin looks much better in the picturtes!
4. iSweep Panorama is very easy to use and the result is amazing! Great for landscape photos.
5. Surprisingly, the "Date Stamp" feature is back on WX-10!!! I used to use the Date stamp on my first Sony digital camera for all the pictures I took for my son, yet I could not find any Sony camera that still had this feature when I need to get my 2nd Sony camera. WX-10 is my 3rd Sony camera and I am glad this option is back. I know many people hate to see the date printed on the photos, but I'd prefer to have the dates on my son's photos, so I can see when they were taken and how old he was in the pictures. This feature can be found under "Menu" - "Tool box icon" Shooting Settings" - scroll down - "Write Date" - choose "On"!
6. Under "Timer", there're 2 settings for "self portrait". Just choose it and point the camera to your self, the camera can detect your face and take the picture for you (without having to press the shutter button!) amazing!
7. The wide angle lens is really nice. I am surprised to find out how much more room can be included in the picture taken by WX-10 than the ones taken by my old camera. (I'll post comparasion photos)

There're still many features to explore, but so far so good.

Cons:
1. video feature: It take a few seconds for the camera to actually start recording after the record button is pressed. With my old Sony camera (DSC-W55), it starts recording almost instantly once I press the record button. Also, my old camera record video in MPEG format which can be imported into my Picasa directly and played by Picasa. The WX-10's format is MP4 (and another HD format that I don't use), which can not be imported by Picasa automatically. It was a little frustrating for me to have to import them manually to my computer (and if you gorget to do that, you might just delete all files after the pictures were uploaded, that happened to me.) I use the video feature a lot, so I guess I just need to get used to it.

2. Delete: in my old camera, under the "delete" menu, I can choose to "Delete all images in this folder". I use this feature to delete all my pictures and videos in my card after they were transferred to my computer. However, WX-10 does not have this option under the "delete" menu. I can only choose from delete "This Image", "Multiple images" or "All Images on this Date". If you have photos taken on multiple days, you have no option to delete all the images in your card at once (unless you go through the tool menu to "format" the memory card), instead, you have to delete the photos one date at a time.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]