4.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at other reviews, May 16, 2010
This review is from: Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum (Kitchen)
Wow! I'm a little shocked at the bad reviews! I bought this on black friday for $[...] and I LOVE it! I had previously used a swiffer sweep & vac (the battery died and it didn't clean up bigger messes) and then I bought the shark stick vac (one of my kids knocked it over and cracked it). So I purchased this as a third stick vac. I love it. It is very powerful, I don't understand these people saying it doesn't pick up messes. It totally picks up messes big and small!!! We remodeled our kitchen and I used it to vaccumm little sheetrock particles as well as the every day messes my 4, 5 year old kids & 3 year old lab leave behind. I have had some issues finding a new filter at walmart and target but I suspect I will find one easily online. Overall I LOVE this vac. I use it only for my tile areas and yes maybe you do have to empty it semi-often (but I have forgotten about it alot and never had a problem)it works great for cleaning up after my 2 kids and dog.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 12 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2011 12:29:13 PM PST
K. Lewis says:
I am having trouble finding a filter for this. Did you ever figure it out?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 3:39:35 PM PST
M. Eggiman says:
I needed a new filter and went to dirt devil on my computer and found one right away. I ordered it and it was here in no time. No problem. And I love mine so much I bought one for my 92 year old mother who really didn't think she would like it but after using it a few times she wouldn't give it up. And even at her age she would like another one, just in case.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 5:37:25 AM PDT
I totally agree with the above review. I love my vacuum!! I have found and ordered filters on line and been very successful with them. I am in the process of ordering a second vacuum as I am concerned something will happen to the one I currently have, as it is getting old now, and I would not want to be without one.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 1:27:56 PM PST
D. Booth says:
I had one until the clip just broke that held it together; still thinking of buying another tho. Excellent on hardwood floors; ok on carpet. Hands down better than the $200 dollar vac I once had that was supposed to be so good and lasted for 2 years. Regarding filters, I used to just wash it off and let it dry on paper towels. I never bought a second one for it and I had it for almost five years.

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 7:55:50 AM PDT
Thanks for mentioning you have kids and a dog. I have two kids and many pets and that detail helps!

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 7:46:18 AM PDT
I have a Dirt devil simpli stick and I just love it. It will even pick up threads and small pieces of material in my sewing room (on carpet), It also picks up the quilt tacks. If it doesn't pick up something I just run it back and forth a couple times and it seems to do the trick unless the article is ground into the carpet. On the tile and hardwood floors you can't feel a speck of sand. I will be buying another shortly just to have a back up because I've bought other things that I liked and when they gave out, I can't find the same thing.

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 4:21:37 PM PST
Lisa Houle says:
I was alittle skeptical when I opened the package and realized there were no turning brushes....would it work on carpet? I live alone, and the only carpet is in the bedroom. My pergo floor in the rest of the apartment is massive, and sweeping took forever. Well I figured I would give it a shot, and I couldn't believe it picked up everything I could see on the floor. I had no idea how much it picked up until I emptied the filter!! I was amazed! Love my new vacuum!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2014 9:10:46 AM PST
Jerry Vasil says:
I see that you have solid floors as I do. I would like to ask if the suction is strong enough ? What about the contact area with the floor, did you experience any scratching from the wheels or rollers?
Thank you, I am thinking about ordering one of these too.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2014 1:22:53 PM PDT
I have a dirt devil scorpion, and found filters at ace hardware.

Posted on Aug 16, 2014 10:32:40 PM PDT
James Walker says:
why did you remove the price you bought it for?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›