Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Android AND iPhone 4!, August 11, 2010
This review is from: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Bluetooth In-Car FM Transmitter with USB Charging , Multipoint , Music Controls & Hands-Free Calling - Works with Apple , Samsung , LG & More Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Okay, so maybe everybody knows this, but this isn't just for the Android phone-- it's compatible with the iPhone 4 as well. I wasn't sure of this (I've never really messed with bluetooth before) as they list the FlexSmart on here for the iPhone and the Android phone as separate products. The one listed for the iPhone is actually more money and is not Prime eligible, so I took a chance and just ordered this one. Success, it worked! So if there's anyone out there that's as silly as me wondering hey, will it work for both? The answer is YES. I have an iPhone 4 and my husband has the Samsung Galaxy (an Android phone), and we both connect to it with NO problems whatsoever.

The sound is super crisp. I've had an FM transmitter for my iPod before and not been impressed-- it was static-y and wouldn't hold the signal. But this little gadget really knocked my socks off! Pairing it with 2 different phones was super easy, and the sound quality is terrific. My husband wants one for his truck now. :)

In the item pictures, it only shows the mini & micro USB and audio cords, but this comes with a little package of all the USB cords you'd need for charging if you're a multi-phone family like us (including iPhone/iPod cord). That is REALLY awesome because now I've got ONE device for bluetooth, charging and music! I can get rid of all those other cords! The cord plugs into the USB port and keeps my iPhone charged on long drives. :)

I also plugged my mom's iPhone 3G and my sister's iPhone 3GS into it, paired it using Bluetooth, and it worked flawlessly with those models as well.

I highly recommend this!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2010 10:56:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2010 10:57:52 PM PST
BCO says:
Thank you so much for your review! I must be silly too because I wasn't sure it would work for my phone. After looking at the pictures of the box and watching the demonstration video, I was under the impression that it should work with the iPhone 4, however, none of the reviews, except yours, mention using it for one. I almost gave up and moved on to something else. Thanks again!!

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 1:03:20 AM PST
Thank you so much for your information on iPhone compatibility! They certainly did not make that clear in the item description. I, too, was afraid to order for that reason. Now I'm buying it!

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 11:53:53 AM PST
S. Ferguson says:
Are you able to charge your iphone 4 on this product? The charging adaptors don't look like they would work for iphone. I want something that will charge my phone too!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2010 12:33:16 PM PST
lizzylougirl says:
Yes, it definitely charges the iPhone! It comes with a black cord that is an iPod/iPhone cord, or you can use your own iPhone cord. You plug it into the USB port on the side, and that charges it. I find it convenient because then I don't have to have an FM transmitter AND a power cord plugged in-- this makes it all in one!

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 3:17:56 PM PDT
Carol Bales says:
Can you use this device to voice dial from your iPhone??? I bought a Droid and returned it because I couldn't pair my Jawbone headset and use it to voicedial. I do most of my calling in the car and it's no use to me if I have to pull out my phone to call or answer calls while driving. I went back to my Blackberry, but really want an iPhone. Have looked and looked for the answer to this simple question. HELP!

Posted on May 30, 2011 11:26:23 PM PDT
RS says:
Does this device work in the next/last song button to change appropriately

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 1:19:39 PM PST
Can this be used to play music from your iPod through your car stereo, as well as all of the other great features?

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 2:49:12 PM PST
Steve L says:
I just received this item, and I did NOT get an iPhone charger with this item. It only comes with mini-USB and micro-USB connectors for recharging, NOT the iPhone charging cable.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:34:29 AM PDT
Jonathan Lin says:
Can this fm transmitter go below 88.1?? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 6:48:27 AM PDT
I just wanted to add that my purchase (a few weeks ago) did not include an iphone cord, just mini and micro USB. Not a deal-breaker -- the description doesn't mention an iphone cord, so I didn't expect one. Perhaps this reviewer got a different batch?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›