5.0 out of 5 stars Great notebook, October 20, 2011
This review is from: ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH52 13.3-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
This is a great notebook with awsome battery life (5+ hours of standward def video with 20% battery left), good keyboard (not as good as Lenovo's), good trackpad (after driver upgrade), good scren and great look. I do wish that I can find a place to purchase another power supply as I usually have one charger at work and one at home. Although the power supply is thin and small, I would love to have 2, but I cannot find any retailer's online that sells the power supply for this notebook. I also wish there is some soft of port aggregator for this notebook. On the right side of the notebook, you have power, USB3, mini VGA and mini HDMI port. ASUS could easily make an psudo dock that plugs into all 4 port then you have in instant notebook dock. Coming from a T series Lenovo, I miss the docking feature and not having to plug 3 things in everything I goto my desk (power, USB 3, and mini HDMI).

Warning: DO NOT UNINSTALL Instant on, PowerWiz and Power4Gear. When I did so, my computer begin to blue screen. I believe it has to do with how the hardware operates in sleep mode and how Windows expect it to behave in sleep mode. Those 3 software bridge the gap between what Windows expect and how the hardware behaves. Without it, don't expect a stable notebook.

HINT: I've had some wireless stability problem earlier, but that was solved by disabling MIMO power save in the advance setting of the wireless adaptor by going to Network and Sharing Center, Change Adaptor setting, right click the adaptor, properties, configure, Advanced, and set Dynamic MIMO power save to disabled.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 22, 2011 1:22:58 AM PDT
Thanks for that wireless tip, it was driving me nuts

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2011 9:34:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2011 9:37:30 AM PDT
NYC outlaw says:
me 2 the wireless issue was driving me nutts too. thanks! seems that all of us early adopters had something to contribute!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2011 1:10:03 PM PDT
Howard Shen says:
I do hope they can fix this with future drivers update.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 4:23:51 AM PDT
Jermar says:
Mine came with MIMO disabled. Too many downloads available. My touchpad too sensitive to the slightest touch, not tap. i see no adjustments for trackpad sensitivity. do one f these update downloads address this?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 5:05:56 AM PDT
Howard Shen says:
I believe the BIOS update will take care of your problem.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 5:49:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011 5:50:08 PM PDT
Telstar says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 6:13:46 PM PDT
Howard Shen says:
Be careful saying that someone lied. I never mentioned at 100% brightness. At around 50% brightness which is plenty for a dark bedroom, I was able to watch half a season of Avatar, the last air bender with batter left to do some work in the morning. If that's not what you get, I'm sorry, but I did not lie.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 9:34:42 AM PST
Trung Nguyen says:
I uninstalled Power4Gear because it keeps automatically changing the profiles and I hate that. No crash or BSOD for me. Note: I don't know if this affects anything, but I changed the Power Options to the Windows one before I uninstalled it. Also, it wouldn't uninstall when I was on my Standard User account, so I had to log in my Administrator account and everything uninstalled fine. :)

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 8:44:30 PM PST
S. J. Yang says:
can you play counter strike source or l4d2 on this? does it lag?

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 4:26:48 PM PST
I believe that you can purchase a power supply on the Asus store.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.2 out of 5 stars (166 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $479.00