Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag w/ pocket, July 21, 2009
This review is from: Case Logic PLS-13 Neoprene 13.3-Inch Neoprene Laptop Sleeve (Black) (Personal Computers)
I like this bag a lot. I got it for my 13'' macbook pro and it fits perfectly. It is more cushiony than other sleeves I looked at and the pocket is a great addition. It stretches to hold funky shaped things like the charger, extension cord for the charger, flash drives, cds, and more. One review I read said that the inside is a furry material... it is more of a foam material that is very soft. It won't scratch at all. This sleeve is a great buy!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 22, 2009 5:34:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2009 5:37:17 AM PDT
Lauren,

1) Just making sure, but your laptop is the brand new remodeled MacBook Pro 13" (Aluminum Body)...is that correct?
2) Does it fit like a glove or does it have some room to move?
3) What color is the inside of this case? I know case logic sometimes chooses funky colors as their inside color.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 9:06:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 22, 2009 9:17:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 9:14:56 AM PDT
Stephen says:
Thank you for responding to my post. That's good to know about the inside being light gray.

If you go to the following website, you'll see the pricier case logic Macbook tailored case (notice the colors...purple trim it looks like w/ light brown inside):

This is the case that you have. I wasn't able to see the inside from their website, so that's why I asked.

So the one that you purchased (the one not meant for macs) fits the new unibody macs well?

Sorry for all the questions. Just a little hesitant because a friend has the 15" Case Logic sleeve and her 15" Gateway moves around a lot inside.

Thanks for your aid in my purchasing decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 9:28:11 AM PDT
Lauren says:
Sorry, I accidentally deleted my reply... I'll just restate. Yes, I do have the brand new MacBook Pro 13" with the aluminum unibody. The inside of the case is a light gray color.

I see what you mean with the colors... I can assure you the case I received is gray. It is almost the same exact color as the MacBook Pro in fact. Maybe one or two shades darker gray. I will post some pictures to show this as well as how the computer fits in the sleeve. On the sides it really does fit like a glove. On the very top of the bag, if you push the computer all the way in, there is about a half inch of space, but I haven't had any problems with it moving around. It's actually nice because the zipper closes a bit easier this way.

I will also post some pictures showing the capacity of the pocket. I put the MacBook Pro charger, the charger extension, some headphones, an apple remote, and a cleaning cloth in the pocket for the picture. It closed easily and there is still room for my ipod touch which is inside a leather case so it is about an inch thick. The ipod's size could be comparable to a compact external hard drive.

If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 9:43:22 AM PDT
Stephen says:
Okay. Thank you for the informative post. I really do appreciate it. You've told me what I wanted to hear. I'll be purchasing it very shortly after I add a couple more items to my cart. One being my 2nd AirPort Express (which I love). Not sure if you have one, but I would highly recommend it.

I'm looking forward to the pictures. But just know that even without them you did an excellent job explaining the case in detail.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 9:54:07 AM PDT
Lauren says:
If you don't mind my asking, what exactly does Airport Express do? I vaguely remember hearing about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 9:57:18 AM PDT
Stephen says:
I just saw the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to upload them. That's exactly what I was looking for. Incase may have had my consideration if they had a pocket on the outside.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 10:04:27 AM PDT
Stephen says:
It's just Apple's version of a wi-fi router. You probably already own a Netgear, D-Link or Linksys router, but if you ever wanted to upgrade, the AirPort Express has both a USB port (for a printer if you'd like to print wirelessly), and a headphone port for connecting it to your stereo and streaming music wirelessly from your MacBook Pro to your stereo. It's more than your average router, but worth the money in the end. It's nice and compact and has that headphone port that nobody else has yet to offer.

I'll upload a picture so you can see what iTunes shows as long as you are connected to the AirPort Express.

I added my background as well in case you may like it. If you do, I can show you where to get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 10:14:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2009 10:15:38 AM PDT
Lauren says:
is it compatible between mac & pc? thank you for the images. Also, i have several printers shared in my family... can airport express handle multiple printers?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 10:23:58 AM PDT
Stephen says:
Yes, it is compatible between both Mac & PC.

Regarding the printers, it would work if some of your printers had integrated Wi-Fi. If they had built-in Wi-Fi, you could wirelessly connect several printers to the router and use all your computers to print to whichever you please. However it only has one USB port, so only one wired printer can be connected. I'm assuming you could probably get a USB hub that goes from 1 USB ports to 4 USB ports and possibly work it that way. The limiting factor though is that all the printers would need to be within a cords distance from wherever you place the router (wall outlet).

The best is if the printers have built-in Wi-Fi cards (like I mentioned earlier), that way you have complete wireless freedom to print. The one stipulation though is that you have to put the router next to your stereo because that audio cord has to be connected to both the stereo and the router.

Hope that helps.