5.0 out of 5 stars An Otterbox is an Otterbox, September 28, 2012
This review is from: OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 5 (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Not for iPhone 5C) Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have owned and used an Otterbox case for my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 and now, finally, for my iPhone 5.

These cases are great and offer a lot of protection. With that being said, you have to anticipate this case making your phone a little bit bulkier. I personally tend to love the added "bulk" that this case adds to my phone because I have very large hands and long fingers. This case gives my phone the extra bulk needed to allow me to grip it and text without letting my hands get fatigued or painful.

As with all of their other products, this case is extremely well-made and fits the phone perfectly. If you've never owned an Otterbox before then perhaps you should check out some pictures before deciding if this case is right for you. If you've ever owned an Otterbox... Then you know exactly how great these things are.

Here's a funny side story:

I once left my iPhone 4 (inside of its Otterbox, of course) on the of the roof of my car after the gym and drove away. While going 50 m.p.h I heard a huge "thud" on the side of my door and had no clue as to what it was. Long story short, I realized that my phone had basically fallen off of the roof, slammed into my door and hit the pavement and was completely fine. The case and the phone didn't even have a dent.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 9:55:39 PM PST
C. Demmin says:
Wow, your funny car story sold me! I'm basically a klutz and my hubby just bought me the iPhone 5 after my old phone survived 5 years of dropping down bleachers, down concrete stairs, toilet bowls, and many many common slips out of the hands onto concrete or wood floors etc. Serious protection is a must. If your phone survived a drop off your car to pavement at aprox 50mph wearing an OtterBox, I'm sold!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 11:16:08 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 1, 2013 11:16:24 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 11:16:36 PM PST
vgs1895 says:
I had an Otterbox for my iPhone 3GS. That thing was dropped, thrown (by accident), fell in snow, and you-name-it, countless times. Never had a bit of a problem with it. People laughed because it was bigger than most cases, but I'm the one with the last laugh. I still have a perfect phone!

My daughter just got an iPhone 5, so I'm using her iPhone 4 until March when I'll graduate to a 5. I fully intend on buying the best case for it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 11:50:02 PM PST
FR_Bailey says:
My son actually threw up on my otterbox defender and my phone was FINE:) Unbelievable!

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:44:47 AM PDT
J. Grimley says:
I was told that this couldn't be a 'real' Otterbox at this price and that if there were any problems with the case the company would not stand behind it. Any thoughts on the validity of that?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 12:32:03 PM PDT
veemay says:
Well, mine was. And I had a very slight problem with it so the company sent me a brand new one. Guess they did stand behind it. By the way, I have no financial interest in this at all--I'm just giving you my experiences. PLUS, I bought it for my iPhone 3GS, so I'm only talking about that particular Otterbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2014 12:04:27 PM PST
Big H says:
What's there to believe? A heavy plastic case protected your phone?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›