5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Tab - Fantastic Tablet!, November 19, 2010
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
As a current iPad owner who also uses the Droid X, I must say that after spending 15 minutes with this thing I absolutely love it. The size is fantastic in that its a signifcantly improved viewing experience over the 4.3 inch Droid X screen (which is also great) and it is easy to hold with one hand and navigate with the other - an added bonus is that it also fits in a suit coat pocket.
The Microsoft Exchange integration with email/calendar/contacts is seemless and allows for almost all of the functionality provided via a laptop. One of the drawbacks of the iPad is its poor integration with Outlook (couldn't delete, move emails while one a plane working offline - not a problem with the Tab).

The screen is gorgeous, speed is quick and the Google location services (GPS, Latitude, Maps, Place and the list goes on and on) are fantastic.
I would highly recommend this product.

Update - after 1 week of ownership, I love it even more. As someone who travels (4 cities over last 5 days), I'm considering leaving my notebook home on business travel with future trips. The benefits of the form factor can't be overstated - it fits in my jeans pocket when out casually and in my suit jacket during business. It also smartly switches from WiFi to 3G when a WiFi network is not within reach and vice versa (so that you don't unnecessarily consume data via your cellular carrier). I also watched a movie on my East to West coast trip - 3 hour and 13 minute move burned less than half the battery time. It's also great to be able to modify .xls documents when needed - seamless integration with outlook / attachments.

Absolutely love this thing...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2010 12:15:54 PM PST
Ricardo A. says:
hey i have a question... if i buy the tab but i don want a data plan (from any company) just like a normal tablet, is that possible or i have to buy the data plan??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 7:03:46 PM PST
Betsy says:
I don't believe you have to buy a data plan unless you plan to use the 3G. Without the 3G data plan you can still connect to your home wireless network or to any hotspot that's free.

Posted on Jan 27, 2011 12:22:18 AM PST
THANKS FOR THIS INPUT!

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 11:43:54 AM PST
Jose says:
Ricardo,

Just be sure you don't sign any contract when you buy the GT. On my case, I pay for a month to month unlimited data plan with Tmobile, but there is no contract involved so I can drop it anytime and keep using it with wifi only. Also, I've heard the AT&T versions has the Bluetooth feature locked, can't confirm. The Tmobile one let you use Bluetooth devices like an external keyboard.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 9:15:28 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 11, 2011 11:12:30 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 3:03:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2011 3:04:50 PM PST
Maugham says:
I have a windows computer but use an iPod Classic for music and podcasts. Besides the extreme high quality of Apple products I like the idea of iTunes being the integrating software for this functionality. I want an iPad (or Galaxy) to surf the web and read books. I have a network at home and also want to use Wif-Fi at the library, Starbucks and places like that. I've been hesitant to buy an iPad for several reasons: 1. it doesn't have Flash 2. the iPad two may have features I will wish I had waited for 3. the Galaxy and others (I've heard good things about the Blackberry) make me thing strongly about the benefits of waiting. Do you have any comments about these considerations? Thanks for any help you can give.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2011 7:30:41 AM PDT
Desi_Dude says:
I have been waiting for same reasons plus
1.iPads are too large and too heavy(1.6lb) for me
2.Popular brands like Apple tend to rip off customers with high prices and lots of restrictions
3. Blackberry playbook has higher resolution than iPad meaning clearer videos/pictures
4. I have a corporate Blackberry with unlimited data plan(i don't have iPhone or any other phone), So if i buy Playbook i won't have to buy a data plan to use internet and my employer won't be charged anything extra.
5. Sync to outlook? no one does it better than Blackberry
So unless you own an iPhone, i think buying an iPad willl be a bad move (financially).

Here's a comparison chart:

Let us know which one you got and it's performance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 5:24:21 AM PDT
ZAZA says:
Hi Betsy you've got a good point there. You can use your home wireless or wired Wifi.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 3:14:11 PM PDT
J. Piper says:
It's the Verizon and Sprint versions that have the bluetooth locked. You can use a bluetooth keyboard with the AT&T version.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 6:18:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2011 6:54:36 PM PDT
KEKOA says:
Hello Gary,
I'm considering getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab (T-Mobile) but my phone carrier is AT&T. Should this matter upon purchasing this product. Also, does the internet connect easily as I am not a computer expert and do you know how much GB it provides? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Aloha, Kekoa