4.0 out of 5 stars Finishing my second week of the cleanse and...., December 19, 2012
This review is from: Clean - Expanded Edition (Kindle Edition)
I must say i am very happy and satisfied. I will summarize all my perceptions of the book and the cleanse:

1. The book has a lot of repetive content but also has good information about food/pollutant reactions in the body and body detox info which is worth reading. What i found a little dissapointing is that the Dr. didn't add any references of medical studies of the statements he explained about so the book will have more credibility and medical support behind. For this fact i did not put 5 stars. But i want to say also that the book is very open and does not force you to do anything... the more you can, the better, if not then the little you are doing is already good.

2. I am a regular sugar/wheat/dairy products consumer but i am also fit, healthy, do sports often and eat good foods as well. Me and my husband always wanted to do a detox diet but we was afraid of doing something dangerous. We felt this one "fit our bill" and tried to do it. Funny thing: from all the food to include in this clease program, i knew only 50% of them and i was afraid i couldn't find those i knew.

3. I was surprised to find that in naturist/health stores they sell most of the foods i didn't know existed/i could find. I found also natural protein powder, pure greens powder, organic coconut water/milk/oil, stevia, you name it.

4. We live in Norway and I knew most of the vegetables and fruits I couldn't find them so easily organic, so i started with i had in hand. If i could find organic stuff great, if not, ... well, at least changing my old bad eating habits was a good step already!

5. The first 3 days are quite overwhelming because you need to find in advanced the food you need to prepare, to read the recipes, and you are ready to cook and then realized you didn't have this or that. But after the third day, you get used to it and you find it natural, it requires just a little planning and imagination as well (for the recipes). I started by doing the morning shakes and cleaning all the mess in 30 mins and now i do everything in 10 minutes. Also, in the beginning you tend to stick to the recipes and then you realize that you can adapt your own cooking recipes or style with the cleanse food/ingredients. Since many days ago i don't read the recipes.

6. first day i needed sugar horribly but after the second day the cravings faded. However, my husband had terrible sugar cravings the whole first week. I had nightmares the 4-5 day and probably felt a little tired those days but since then it is fine. My husband had headcahes, tiredness, coffee-sugar cravings and sometimes accute hunger.

7. I was not used to drinking something so heavy and powerful in the mornings so the first 2-3 days i was feeling liek throwing up after drinking the shakes and could barely drink half of it. My body got used to it and now I drink a better quantity and i enjoyed the drink.

8. The first week i was not feeling hungry and i was surprised to see how light i felt, how little i needed to eat to feel full and how much i enjoyed the shakes and the soups (making them, inventing them and drinking them).

9. I did regular sports and listened to my body a lot. I couldn't do as long as i usually do but i didn't regret it. I didn't feel a drop in energy. On the contrary, my energy increased, i was not feeling sleepy during the day. One bad thing is that we couldn't do sauna often... it would have helped even more.

10. Now we are on our second week. We both lost 3 kilos (6.5 pounds) but clothing size is the same and we were not overweight. I have no idea from where i lost that weight! I realized how much of the food i was eating affected me, specially my digestion.

11. Final comment: i recommend this, why? 1. Gives you knowledge about food, about your body and about the reactions that different foods have in your body. You don't feel hungry, you eat properly, you feel great and you feel changes. I recommend to do it in a period of your life when you are not stress or with overload of work (this is our current situation and makes cooking a little difficult sometimes) but you adapt easily to the foods and you adapt the foods into your own cooking style. Yes, it can be a little expensive... here in norway fruits are very expensive, but we eat much less and also waste much less food so in the end, the extra cost is minimal.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 7:00:40 AM PST
Daniel Daj says:
Did you take the supplements?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 9:38:14 AM PST
Maria Navas says:
no, I didn't but I did take protein powder, green powder and vitamins that I found them in a health store...just fir the shakes. to help bowel movements I took flax seeds or psyllium.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 7:01:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 7:03:17 PM PST
Spunkychk says:
Maria, thanks for a fabulous review! And I have to tell you that your writing is amazingly excellent. I'm so impressed! I have been an English teacher, and I found only just minor adjustments. Fantastic!

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 6:08:42 PM PST
Tammie says:
I'm not understanding the shake packet. Do you need to buy the shake packets or are you making your own shakes by adding protein powders?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2014 10:36:49 PM PST
Maria Navas says:
I didn't buy the shake packet. I prepared the shakes with the same ingredients (fruits, nuts, oils, milks) and i added protein powder, psyllium powder (fiber) and/or green powder that i hought in a naturist shop. one advice: mind your iron levels. You may find some protein powders with vitamins and minerals added (i also have this type now). Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2014 10:00:15 PM PST
Tammie says:
Thanks very much for your input! I appreciate it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (529 customer reviews)

$8.99