5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Smart idea., August 14, 2012
So I want to start off by saying if I could I would give this product 4.7 stars :). I love the way it firmly holds inside the stock cd player on my 2007 ford focus and I don't have to worry about the phone flying around any more. If I were to make some modifications to it though here is what I would do:

- Remove the bottom holder so that you could put a 4 inch phone in the center of the side holders. I prefer to use my nav in a horizontal position and it just looks and feels weird when you do that the way it comes, as over half the phone is hanging out past the side holders. Almost forces you to use your phone upright in this thing. The lack of a bottom mount would alleviate the need to plug the phone in before placing it in the holder (my charging port is on the bottom. I have a Galaxy Nexus By the way)

- Make the side grips work off of pressure instead of having to press to tighten and button (which ends up being behind the phone) to release. This would solve the problem of not having a bottom mount and also make it easier to take the phone in and out because there would not be a button behind the phone to press when releasing it.

- Make the swivel adjust to more angles and have it be firm but adjustable without having to tighetn the screw in the back. There is a screw behind the mount that you end up having to twist with your finger. It has a slot to put like a screwdriver in or something but that is not practical as most people's dash will block it. If you have a screw to tighten the adjustment, at least make it so a finger can spin it easier.

- Have the cd slot tighetning mechanism on the side instead of under the device, that way it doesn't block anything below it any more than it has to. Or have it behind somehow. This is the one thing you don't need access to unlike the phone release button or the swivel adjustment screw yet it is the easiest to access and adjust. Its purpose is to tighten the holder in the cd player which you will probably do all of once when you install it and then leave it be.

----------------

With that said, this is the best mounting solution I have found and I give it 4.7 stars as such. Highly recommended. I guess I am just hoping someone at the company sees my review and makes some revisions if there are future models.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]