5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Tab HDTV adapter, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Samsung EPL-3PHPBEGXAR Galaxy Tab HDTV Adapter (Electronics)
Adapter works with my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (model 5113), no problems. It's a shame you can't find these adapters in the stores (I couldn't find it at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Office Max or Office Depot), but even if you could, the price would probably still be better on Amazon. yeah, it's a bummer that you have to have the HDMI cable and the charger cable hooked in at the same time for the adapter work, but once you get some longer cables, it is not really that big of a deal. Plus it charges your tablet at the same time!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 1:26:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 1:27:20 PM PST
J. Harris says:
Have the same tablet but wont work on mine. Tried different TV's, tried different HDMI inputs and still nothing. Yes I have the power cord plugged in but still nothng. Next going to try as different HDMI cord.
Any suggestions on how you got yours to work?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2013 1:23:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2013 4:54:28 PM PDT
Suave Dave says:
I have the same Tab 2 model (5113) and the adapter works fine for me. I plugged it into the 3rd HDMI input on the TV, which of course required me to change to that input setting with the TV remote. But I have to do that to play Blue Ray DVDs, so no big deal. Maybe that's your problem, Harris?

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 4:30:36 PM PDT
Angela S says:
I did have to switch cables in the beginning- it did not want to work with my 15ft HDMI cable, so I switched to 10ft cable and that was ok. I found later that it works better with the 6ft cable. My 15ft cable is thin and I am noticing not as reliable even using with my laptop, so I don't know if that means it didn't work with the tablet because it's too long for the transmission to be completely successful or the cable I have is just cheaply made and faulty.

Posted on Mar 8, 2014 4:20:03 PM PST
School Sub says:
I am having this very same problem.. Not in any store and as expenive as $75! Does it matter what kind of HDMI cable we get? I have the GTP5113, Samsung 10 inch. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2014 5:19:58 PM PST
Angela S says:
It shouldn't matter what kind of HDMI cable you have, but I noticed that with the many different ones I have, the thicker and/or shorter cables worked best.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2014 5:27:34 PM PST
School Sub says:
Thank you very much, Angela. Where did you order the adaptr from? On amazon, the $55 one, states not compatible with gtp5113, and I was thinking og getting it from samsung parts.com. Also, once I get all the connections, I can then see whatever is on my tablet, on tv screen, correct? Thx much for time an hhelp!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2014 5:50:26 PM PST
Angela S says:
I ordered the EPL-3PHPBEGXAR directly from Amazon ($41), but it looks like they don't have it anymore so you could go with the one offered by a seller for $55. There is another one listed that should work (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HDMI-Adapter-Galaxy-10-1/dp/B00CJOP9O2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394329322&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+galaxy+tab+hdmi+adapter), but it's $70.99 plus shipping! Your best bet might be to order from Samsung.

Then once you have everything plugged in (including the charger cable), your TV will mirror the image on your tablet.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2014 5:53:32 PM PST
School Sub says:
Thank you, Angela. I think I'll order from samsung and if any issues, I can return it, but at least I'll know it's the right one and their price isn't all that bad. Appreciate your help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›