21 of 22 people found the following review helpful
Quality control is lacking. item quality is cheaper than competitors,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: New York Wire 33541 Clear Advantage Screening, 36-Inch by 84-Inch (Tools & Home Improvement)
Like the other reviewer said, quality control is extremely bad...I hate giving out 1 star reviews, but I really don't see how this product warrants anything more than 1 star. All the up sides of the item is pretty much hypothetical in an "ideal" environment provided their manufacturing process isn't so bad.
Problems I have with this product is solely with the manufacturer.
Once you received your item, make sure there are no holes, tears, missing weaves or defective weaves on your screen.
I received mine today and there's problems all over.
The plus side of this item:
1. 20x20 mesh. much smaller than most screens, so even small insects are blocked out. Still not immune to really small flies or ants, but it will work for most cases.
2. good air circulation
3. good visibility
Now for the cons.
1. the "plus" side don't really matter at all, because the item itself is having a lot of problems. Quality control is really bad. What is the point of having a screen in the first place if there are holes or mis-weaves all over? I ordered 2, and there are problems with both of them. Other people seem to be having the same problem as I am, so this isn't an isolated incident.
2. very "thin" material. much thinner than those you would buy at home depot. The brand they carry is called phifer or something like that.
3. tears/breaks easily. you don't even need a scissors. fingernails pretty much will do the trick so you have to be extremely careful when handling this.
4. manufacturer support is impossible to contact.
Like I said earlier, I hate giving out 1 star reviews.
But compared to products sold by other manufacturers, this is really bad. The price isn't any cheaper either. Home depot sells the same type of 20x20 mesh for $12 and it feels much better. I just bought it off amazon instead because I happened to have amazon credit.
So my advice is steer clear of this product by this manufacturer, and go buy one made by another company.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 15, 2013 8:11:14 AM PDT
Thank you! I'm going to make a trip to Home Depot and purchase a real screen.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›