2.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Felt Rushed Towards the End, September 6, 2011
This review is from: The Runaway Pastor's Wife (Kindle Edition)
This started out as a really good book. It was so interested in knowing how Annie "finds" herself. I surely understood why and how Annie got consumed with the duties of a pastor's wife and she lost herself somewhere along the way. Personally, I don't think that I can just up and leave my family (especially with small children) to "go and find myself". I felt Annie was a little selfish; she could at least talked to David, her husband, face to face to let him know how she was feeling. I believe that she took the coward's way out.

I clearly didn't understand why and what Michael was running from. I know whom he was running from, but this one man isn't God. Michael's decisions lead him to what he had become...can't say that I feel sorry for him.

Here's where it got a little unrealistic to me...when Max, Annie's and David's son, went to look for this mother. (I don't want to give a spoiler, so I can't anymore on that subject).

I thought that the whole purpose of the book was for Annie to get some quiet time to herself to think and pray, but it turned into her being the "hero" for Michael. That really threw me a curveball. Annie stopped focusing on herself and started focusing on Michael and now all of a sudden, she has the answer (so unreal)!

I felt the ending was very rushed. Everything "unfolded" in the last 20 pages of the book. It was all tied up into one neat package. I guess the author had to tie it up somehow. I didn't believe it for a second! The facts about Christine and Max and how that all came together was a little too much for me. We didn't even get to hear Christine's take on anything. I felt that the book ended abruptly.

This book had the potential for being 5 stars. I really give it 2.5 stars because I get the message, but the way the book was written was a little unrealistic and unbelievable.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2012 6:18:31 AM PST
I felt it was really rushed at the end as well. I was really enjoying it, and while I didn't have a problem with her being the "hero" for Michael, I didn't think the ending was tied up as well as I would have liked it. I suppose that the book "ended" but I was left with more questions at the end. I guess it could be the whole leave the reader wanting more, but I wasn't satisfied with the neat little package at the end. I wanted something to come from the confrontation at the church between Chet and David. I wanted something to be resolved with Chet and Max. And what about Darlene and Annie when they go back? As for Christine, I was okay with that not hearing from her since she was just a faceless character the entire story anyway. But the other characters were large parts of the book that had storylines that were woven throughout and are still left fraying around the edges.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (931 customer reviews)

$3.71