5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly, September 1, 2005
This review is from: Plantronics S12 Corded Telephone Headset System (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Honestly, I bought the Plantronics S12 for the looks and for the price. Now that I am using it, I have discovered that it is much better than the higher priced units that are being used around my office.

On the left hand side of the unit there is a sliding switch so that you can modulate the headset to your telephone. This worked for me out of the box. Depending on your telephone, you may have some hiss on the line, but I have none.

On the right hand side there is a switch to set the microphone between high and low gain, and there is a dial to fine tune it within each of the settings. Out of the box, I sounded very loud in the ear piece and people could hear me typing. I set it to low gain, and moved the dial to the lowest setting. People can still hear me fine, I cannot hear myself in the speaker, and no one can hear me typing. This is fantastic! My previous headset could not turn down the gain this low, now I can use the mute button less!

The headset flashes a red light when you are on the phone. People will now know that they can interrupt even if you have your headset on, they just need to check for the flashing light. There will be a learning curve for this in my office, but it is a great idea.

And finally, the amplifier bas has a holder for the headset, a simple but wonderful idea that does not work so well with the over the head configuration, but it still works.

The only problem is that the Plantronics S12 has no battery backup. But if the power is out at the office, there is only so much you can do on the phone anyway and you don't need a headset then since you cannot type on your computer anyway.

[Add comment]