5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Adobe product., November 13, 2012
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 [Old Version] (CD-ROM)
I'm a fan of Adobe and have been using their products for a long while; Adobe is the standard, period. And, frankly, I was curious why "Dreamweaver" received negative reviews. I've been coding by hand using HTML and CSS and I build my own, and sites for others. I've never used a 'what you see is what you get' program (WYSIWYG), though, and have always been curious about "Dreamweaver". So I recently purchased a "cloud key" and immediately downloaded the program.

The "Dreamweaver" program I downloaded does come with a 'Dreamweaver Developer Center", links to a collection of videos and such, but not a manual, per se, I don't recall that any of the Adobe programs come with manuals. I use Photoshop, Bridge & Lightroom, and, with the help of included files, Adobe resources (vids & such), and books on the subject, managed to learn them all. Dreamweaver isn't any different.

The program has 'help' files, and Adobe has huge amounts of video resources that are easily accessed. But "Dreamweaver" isn't for beginners (definitely not for the uninitiated) Maybe that's the problem. "Dreamweaver" is a sophisticated program and in order for it to work properly and the user to get expected results you must understand the basics. I'd suggest a thorough knowledge of pc/mac operation and at least a rudimentary understanding of Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). And a learn by video DVD would be especially helpful.

The program downloaded, for me, without difficulty and I've had no problem working with it. "Dreamweaver" ensures accurate coding, viewing of compatibility across different browsers and devices. It's backward compatible and up to date with HTML 5 and CSS 3 and I'm very pleased with the results.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2012 5:39:49 AM PST
Ellen Rozsa says:
I'm hoping to have the same success with my purchase of Dreamweaver CS6. I am purchasing it to use with an on line introductory class (via my local municipal adult education program). The price is a major investment for an unemployed single mom trying to get back into the workforce, so I really hope learning the basics of Dreamweaver will give me an advantage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 10:59:54 AM PST
Hi Rozsa, I agree with you about Adobe prices. An alternative method of trying out an Adobe program would be to purchase a 3 month 'cloud' membership. When I became aware of this the cost was $100. and I saved a bit by trying and deciding not to purchase a program I had been interested in. Thanks for reading my review.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (28 customer reviews)

Out of stock
Add to wishlist
Reviewer

Location: About 60 miles, or so, east of Manhattan.