4.0 out of 5 stars Video Review of the Panasonic SC-BTT 195 Home Theatre System, May 27, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic SC-BTT195 Energy Star 5.1-Channel 1000-Watt Full HD 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System with Tall Boy Speakers (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 8:15 Mins

I will admit that I had to change my review of this home theatre system. At first, I struggled mightily to connect the audio from Tivo Premier to flow through the Panasonic BTT195. Finally, I realized that I could use the Smart-Select feature on LG TV to auto-select the audio. Sounds easy enough, but it caused me a few hours of frustration.

Now on to the review-

Blu-Ray Player - I have been impressed with the functionality of the Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player. This is the second one that I have owned, and I have found the functionality and capability to be excellent. The load times are not exceptional, but all of the features of the Blu Ray are very solid.

Home Theatre Capability - The sound of the system is acceptable, as long as you are not expecting to blow down any doors. The main unit is only about 1 1/2 thick, so it does not offer an assortment of large capacitors that can store energy for massive bass. The speakers have integrated and color coordinated plugs, so set-up can be accomplished by anyone (although getting correctly synced with a DVR is a bit of a different story). The power ratings on the unit look impressive, but keep in mind that it rating everything at 3Ohms.

Speakers - In truth, the speakers are not very impressive. All of the speakers combined weigh less than a decent subwoofer. I will say that they do match well together, and as a set they sound much better than they do individually.

Other things

- The speaker wires have integrated plugs - which means using other speakers can be a pain. This is especially true of the subwoofer since the speaker wire goes directly into the speaker box and does not connect through a terminal (My solution, when I used my own Velodyne subwoofer I simply cut the speaker wire about 3" before it entered into the Panasonic amp).

- Does offer iPod inputs and has the ability to read SD memory cards

- Comes with a plethora of well designed apps (it is amazing how many companies create a poor YouTube app!). Included are Amazon, Hulu Plus, MLB.TV, and Netflix

Final Verdict - The Panasonic BTT195 is a nice Blu Ray player that offers a decent home theatre system. While it may not offer the boom of more expensive systems, it is also a fraction of the cost. My opinion, if you are looking for earth shattering audio....keep on looking, but if you are looking a easy to use home theatre system at a reasonable cost this is certainly worthy of you consideration.

4 Stars

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 28, 2012 12:42:07 AM PDT
Tomin Babu says:
Hey quick question for you man:

How did you mount the rear speakers? I know there are multiple ways but I just want to get a couple ideas.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 5:07:39 AM PDT
CKE says:
I hate to say it... but they are just sitting on a bookcase.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 4:09:18 PM PDT
danwguys says:
Does it have built in WIFI connector?, how could i connect to the net to play netflix?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 5:37:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2012 9:07:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 7:37:14 PM PDT
Sue says:
We just received this system today, and it indicates that you need a wireless adapter. Am I missing something? We're also having a problem getting the audio to play from the TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 9:08:57 PM PDT
CKE says:
It looks like I made an error. I could have sworn that it had a built-in Wifi adapter. In fact, it does require an external UBS adapter to make it wireless. I am very sorry for the confusion. I have mine plugged directly into a LAN... but I thought I had also hooked it into my wireless network. Again, I am sorry for the misinformation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 9:39:48 PM PDT
Sue says:
Thanks for clearing that up. It's not a problem, just made me wonder if the unit I got was what I was SUPPOSED to get. :)

What has turned into a big issue is no audio from the TV. We've gone through the settings, read the manual, but still can't get it. I'm no expert - this is our 1st foray into HD. But we do have it hooked up with an ARC capable HDMI cable. Tomorrow I'll try giving their support line a call.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 12:52:44 PM PDT
Linda says:
Hi,
I am having so much trouble sustaining an internet connection through this system. The internet works fine though my VIERA TV, but I lose my internet connection when I use the Blu Ray. It only works for 5-10 minutes. I also notice that I have the internet explorer on my menu on the TV, but it's missing on the Blu Ray. Do you have any idea what can be causing this? Panasonic has been no help. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 6:18:56 AM PDT
CKE says:
Sorry, but I don't have any idea. Best of luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 9:42:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2012 9:42:37 AM PDT
W. Hughes says:
Check your TV specifications to make sure that it supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) if it does not, you have to use an alternate connection other than HDMI to supply audio to the Home Theater system.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

CKE
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Location: USA