1,897 of 1,956 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but.., November 19, 2010
This review is from: Coby MP620-4GBLU 1.8 Inch 4GB Video MP3 Player - Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have been using ths device for about 3 weeks already, and the following are the pro's and con's I encountered while using this device:

Pros:
-Cheap
-looks good, nice sleek and proffessional design
-nice UI interface
-radio
-battery life (all day non-stop playing and quick charge)
-light and slim

Cons:
- horrible headphones (no ear bud broke within an hour of first using it, the other 3 weeks after), but average sound quality. Recommend buying separate durable ear buds.
- Takes a few seconds too load and shut down, but this is a minor inconvenience.
-Organization, if you are looking for a specific song, you must either know the album, or know the order. Haven't tried other mp3 players before, but it is not that fluid. Feels like you are looking at your songs folder in your computer. (no search function)
-Video ( can only accept a really low quality format (.MTV), which you need a video converter for 99% of all of your video files, which is nearly impossible to find a good one. At the end, it will not be worth it converting.
-Pictures, really low quality, looks like something out of an old cellphone or gif.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a simple, cheap, straight forward mp3 player, I recommend getting this. If you want something extra, look for something else.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 18 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2010 1:03:53 PM PST
Crystal Fore says:
does the battery charger come with this

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2010 10:34:45 AM PST
C. Foley says:
It charges from your computer using the included usb cable

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 10:39:32 AM PST
C. Foley says:
When I attached it to my computer, the corby software automatically installed which seamlessly converted / transfered movie files which I had downloaded from youtube (.flv), and I found the quality very acceptable, infact the same as that seen on youtube, scaled to the size of the screen of course. Infact I was very surprised that the video was so good after reading your review.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 8:56:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2011 8:57:37 PM PST
S. Lira says:
Coby 1.8 Inch Video MP3 Player with FM, 8 GB Flash Memory MP620-8GBLK (Black)Does it handle text? Can i add things from Microsoft word and read it on the player?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011 12:28:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2011 9:23:45 PM PST
Neil says:
Wait a second -- I may not know what I'm talking about. Allow me to erase my previous comment.

"M. Arntzen's" review says, "Seventh, I have not tried the text mode, so I cannot comment on that now."

Text mode? I guess there is such a thing. I wonder what it can do...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 6:40:55 PM PST
Mike Mills says:
Is the Coby 8GB MP620 equipped with a full/all shuffle function?

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 1:29:21 PM PDT
L. Harris says:
i gave them 5 stars because it works pretty good and it was very cheat, but i should have given them 4 or maybe 3 because the video section doesnt work. you can add videos b ut they wont play. I just thought it still was a pretty good deal for 24$ 1,000 songs, pictures, and radio.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 12:37:07 PM PDT
Erin Clark says:
I've never owned any mp3 players so I was wondering the same thing basically - how well can you organize your files? My nephew owns an ipod and he can organize everything according to music style, his moods (emo, workout music etc etc). So does anyone know?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011 5:30:01 PM PDT
I have a sandisk mp3 player and Im able to sort my music how ever I want. I can make as many different sections of music plus it keeps one master list where you can listen to all your music.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 2:49:07 PM PDT
What comes in the package when I order this from Amazon? The mp3 and what else? Headphones? A USB cord? A Manual?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›