2,194 of 2,380 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Bic....I Owe You MY LIFE!, August 28, 2012
This review is from: BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk) (Office Product)
Who would have thought that a pretty little gender-specific tinted pen could change my very life?

While on a my way to yet another tedious Board of Directors meeting in my demanding position as Chairperson of the Board. I realized I had left my Montegrappa Teatro La Fenice pen, (the one that I used to use to sign all of those phenomenally lucrative government contracts) back on my Gulfstream IV! My amazing assistant quickly came to the rescue. She jumped into the car and instructed the driver to rush to the nearest store. She later told me that as she tore through the aisles desperate to find a suitable writing instrument, the "BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen" seemed to call out to her personally its singular, pastel siren song.

Returning to the board room, she handed me the BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen. In front of our 1327 attending stockholders I impatiently grasped the instrument. Finally, I could sign the 143 page legal document and get back in the air on my way to the luxe charity gala I would be attending that night in Gstaad. As I took the pen in hand, I was immediately mesmerized by the soft, delicately feminine lines of the sensuously glistening shaft of this pen. Awakened by the Bic pens' alluringly pale blush of color I felt an involuntary catch in my breath. This was so unlike the bulky 18k rollerball I had up until then thought le plus ultra! When I touched the Bic pen to paper, the thick, silky ink flowed out of the pen like a sudden rush of champagne into a crystal flute on a moonlit night. The feeling of writing with this tool was so powerful, I was forced to close my eyes and faintly gasp in a shudder of ultimate pleasure. The unexpected release of female emotions almost made me weep. When I finally came out of my reverie, opened my eyes and lit that cigarette, everything in my world had inexplicably changed.

That was six years ago. Today I live on a quiet little farm on a cul de sac in Minnesota with my husband Al. We have four strapping sons (Gunnnarr, Mackx, And'rew,& Cohdee) and one beautiful daughter, Pheebie-Jaiyne. I spend my womanly days at home raising the children, tending the house, cooking up scrumptious meals for my family, inventing fun macaroni craft projects for the kids and thinking up new ways to please my handsome hubby. My BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen is of course always by my side.

When my daughter reaches puberty, along with a slap across the face to remind her of the pain of being a woman, she will receive her first BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen. What better gift could I give her on her path to true femininity?

Bic....I owe you! Because of your design and marketing team and the resulting colored plastic writing clichés, I now live the life that every woman never knew she dreamed of!

My assistant? Oh! She married one of the farm hands and works for us 5 days a week as our housekeeper. We are all so very happy! THANK YOU BIC!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2012 5:01:29 PM PDT
Mary Jackson says:
Best kids' names EVER!!!

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 8:47:12 PM PDT
V. Althouse says:
Oh my word!!!!!! Great kids names! Oh and the lighting of the cigarette was priceless. Please write a book in your spare time. Like maybe while you watch your kids at soccer or gymnastics every night.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 10:13:16 PM PDT
Minkiemink says:
Thank you so much! Years of living in the midst of women who have essentially married their mortgage payments and want the resulting anchor babies to be oh-so-special have given me a keen ear, a slight tic and a permanent wince at the names with which some of the parvenu saddle their spawn.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 10:21:32 PM PDT
Minkiemink says:
I have one child. He is studying for a PHD in astrophysics. He has wisely moved to another state to complete his degrees and to put a wee bit o' distance between himself and my moderately incontrovertible "sense of humor" as he likes to call it....of course making air parentheses as he does so.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:32:40 AM PDT
M says:
Thank you for sharing this story of your life. I am so inspired now! (heart, smiley face, heart heart)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:39:04 AM PDT
Best. Review. Ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 7:48:39 AM PDT
Minkiemink says:
Oh Alice, you make my little pink, (Bic pastel color<3) heart beat with joy and pride. I may name my next child after you. After all.....boy or girl, it could of course then be called "Al"!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 6:21:50 AM PDT
Air parentheses, not air quotes?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 8:35:52 AM PDT
Minkiemink says:
Ah Daisy....my boy has a somewhat unique sense of humor alllll his own. ;)

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 12:23:59 PM PDT
Winonah says:
This is the best comment so far, and that's saying a lot!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›