Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax & Enjoy the Water, April 25, 2010
This review is from: Sevylor Inflatable Sit-On-Top Kayak, 2-Person (Sports)
This kayak is super comfortable & has decent handling. There are 2 small built-in skegs (bottom fins) for directional control, one at the nose & one at the rear. It's long & wide & very stable with very comfortable seats. It came with 2 sets of paddles (not just 1), they're light-weight, float & work okay. In the open harbor we bounce a bit in small waves & wakes but that's fun! You will get a little wet with the supplied paddles, the water gets trapped in the foot rests & other crevices. The splashing is greatly reduced if you use longer paddles. This kayak really encourages you to just sit back, stretch out, relax & enjoy the scenery. Have fun!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2010 9:31:37 AM PDT
Messy Vessy says:
Your review is very helpful. Thank you! I only have one question, did the kayak come with a pump or do I have to buy that separately?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 7:25:07 AM PDT
Mo says:
Hi! No, it doesn't come with a pump so you have to buy it separately. You need a pump that has a small valve attachment for the seats & footrests, the body is the regular sized valves.

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 7:17:49 PM PDT
Nice helpful review. I bought this kayak. I'm new to kayaking. Question if only one 220 lb person should I sit in the front or back. Others said the paddles supplied stunk. I and gorilla glued every joint so no falling apart. Then gorilla taped over each joint. Hopefully now joints won't fall apart. Bought a very ultralight penfishingrod and reel that telescopes down to a large pen size holder and a landing net for trout fishing along ledges of Clayton Lake State Park NM. This kayak should be fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 10:16:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2010 10:22:54 AM PDT
Mo says:
I've never gone solo on this kayak but my husband has, he used the rear seat. I would say to try both seats, see which one works out! Good idea with the supplied paddles, we have other longer & stronger paddles that we usually use.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2011 10:30:39 AM PST
Elan says:
We just bought this inflatable for an upcoming camping trip in Juniper Springs, Florida. Trying to introduce some friends and family to new outdoor options without breaking the bank! Thanks for your helpful review! We can't wait to try this out!

Based both on several reviews citing paddle issues as well as the 3 foot width of the kayak (per the Amazon description), I am a bit wary of the paddles. I have had major issues with paddles in the past when I used to whitewater kayak (in my younger days), including issues with improper length, shaft diameter (I have child-size hands for some reason), and feather angle. I am curious to know what length/brand paddles you are using. Any advice/personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2011 12:45:27 PM PST
I use the standard paddles (2 sets) supplied with the KAYAK. I have been to Jupiter Springs once. Nice. I rate the supplied paddles a C or 3 stars. They will be OK for the easy work at Jupiter Springs. I do recommend you glue all the joints with gorilla glue and use black Gorilla tape around the joints. That way no chance paddles disassembly while using them. Only bad is that you can't disassemble the paddles for storage or transport. If more difficult advanced white water kayaking I recommend a good quality professional paddle..probably cost about $75 - $100 dollars. I think some of the professional paddles have smaller diameter and maybe easier for smaller hands. Ask the dealer first before buying. Again you wont need it for leisure kayaking at Jupiter Springs.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 11:39:13 AM PDT
Mo says:
I have Sea Eagle paddles, they're 96" & are dependable & stronger than the paddles that come with, which have a tendency to unscrew at the coupling if you're paddling hard, when you feel them loosen, just tighten them. These paddles are okay for light duty, a bit uncomfortable after a while because of the wider handles & hard plastic, absolutely not to be relied upon for whitewater. Have fun!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›