Do not buy a Kindle! It is a useless piece of junk! Here's why:
- I am an avid electronic gadet user and a VP of Engineering for a Fortune 500 company. My wife just purchased a Kindle Fire for me for Christmas. After trying to use it for 1 week, I am going to try to return it to Amazon.com.
- If you want a tablet, buy an iPAD. Kindle is attempting to offer some iPAD like functionality at a lower cost, but it is evident that Kindle's attempt is just that - a cheap attempt.
- If you want to download music, you won't be able to easily access any iTunes music you already purchased for your iPOD via your Kindle. You'll have to re-purchase music through Amazon.com.
- Reading books on a Kindle is incredibly non-user friendly. I have to tap the icons on the screen multiple times to get the Kindle to respond. Then, when I shut it off, & re-open my book at a later time, my page is lost. You might have to write down the location of your last page to find your "bookmark".
- One cannot read the Kindle on a sunny day - and don't even try to read it with sunglasses on - its just a dark, black mirror.
- One must drag your finger across thed screen to turn the page. Then, you'll be trying to read through your finger drag smudge, or trying to wipe it clean without advancing your book 10+ pages.
- Oh yeah, if you actually want to connect to your computer, you'll need a mini-USB cord that is of course sold seperately.
- Overall, my cell phone has more functionality than the Kindle Fire. The only use for the Kindle is to read books which would be too small to view on a cell phone. However, the difficulity mentioned above for reading books on a Kindle makes one long for an old fashion printed on paper book that you can check out for $0 at your local library!