5.0 out of 5 stars Sound is great! Check the SRS TruVolume settings!, November 26, 2010
This review is from: VIZIO E320VA 32-Inch Class LCD HDTV, Black (Electronics)
I think that the Vizio folks should have made the default to OFF on the SRS TruVolume. If they had I think several of the owners would not be experiencing the issues with the sound. I set mine up, read the reviews, turned OFF the SRS TruVolume feature and now the sound is fine.
I'm not sure how high the volume will go. I've got mine on "2" and it is plenty loud and very clear.

I purchased this to use with my new Xbox 360 with Kinect. I'm replacing a 19" Sanyo that was purchased in 1989 by my older brother. So, maybe my expectations are not very high...for $299 I'm pleased and it is a tremendous step up from what I had.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2011 8:49:08 AM PDT
Todd Luger says:
You are exactly right. Almost all the negative comments refer to an autoadjust feature that can be turned off in the menu. It was driving me crazy, too, until I realized what was going on.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 1:38:53 PM PST
Nadine says:
lol with the review comment on expectations being low. Our 1996 28" Sharp tv finally bit the dust - I'm so used to a blurry picture and bad sound that anything will be wonderful in comparison.
We're trying to go cheaper on the bedroom Tv because our 1997 JVC 36" is acting up too and we'll be paying more for that one (plus my Xbox is hooked up to it :).
Glad the sound isn't issue but someone else mentioned a delay in channel changing and I'd like to do a little more research on that next.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 10:38:31 PM PST
amj says:
Nadine, I've not noticed any delays in channel changing. I'm using an HD antenna with mine (no cable). Maybe there's an issue when using cable?

Posted on Feb 7, 2015 2:47:27 AM PST
Chen Xulian says:
That was a pretty great review. I bought the same philips tv to replace my previous 10-year old junk but I couldn't stand the cables just hanging around behind the TV. Just not used to them, I guess. I saw this brand called FlexiMounts and they had a ""cable management mount"" for a pretty reasonable price that worked perfectly. It's a must buy if you're as OCD as I am. Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›