1.0 out of 5 stars Broken crystal in less than 25 days....., January 25, 2012
I've worn my Pulsar watch for 25 years(mineral crystal)with NO problems,just scratches to crystal...I've had my Invicta(flame fusion crystal) for less than 25 days(actual wear time: 2 weeks) and the crystal fell apart(a big chunk fell off) by normal wear...This is a very bad sign and for me and indicates possible quality control issues and/or durability! I'm sending the watch back for repair and Invicta says it could take up to 90 days to get it back! Make sure you read the fine print on the warranty.If it has been over 30 days since your purchase,Invicta will charge you $28.00 to ship it back to you from somewhere overseas(they wont disclose where) not including your cost to ship it back to them.

UPDATE:Please Read...

INVICTA now states(now that they have received the watch)that it will be $70.00 to repair the watch because the "crystal" is not covered under my 5 year warranty.None of this information was given to me in the two calls made to their reps prior to shipping the watch to them for repair.I was told to refer to page 50 in the instruction manual and warranty,which only states(referring to the crystal)"DOES NOT COVER SCRATCHES TO THE CRYSTAL"...My watch was more than scratched.After explaining to them that I thought this was unfair and that all I wanted was quality for my hard earned money,and that I would post factually accurate information wherever I could,they simply apologized and said there was nothing they could do...I will have the watch professional repaired and sell it.I won't but Invicta again.
Thank you for reading this.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2012 7:45:51 PM PDT
R. Murdock says:
Thanks for your thoughtful review. Because of your (and others) problems with customer service from Invicta, I have decided to look at another watch. This has been removed from my Wish List.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:40:29 PM PST
a lame stork says:
In order to make a watch for this money, they have to cut corners where ever possible. On of the corners they have to cut is backing their product. When you buy a watch for thousands of dollars, hundreds of dollars are devoted to product support and customer satisfaction and hundreds more are devoted to building the brand up in the public's mind eye. Invicta does neither and you either get a great watch for very little money or an expensive dud.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 9:42:12 AM PST
Your welcome! It is not my intention to decrease their sales,just provide accurate information of my experience.Good luck with your search.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 9:43:02 AM PST
Interesting Point of view.Thanks for posting!

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 5:08:07 AM PST
I purchased this model before they changed to the "flame fusion" hybrid crystal - mine has a real sapphire crystal. It has held up well, and as others have said, the case and bracelet are impressively heavy-duty. Mine, purchased for about $300, ran erratically. Because of Invicta's legendary bad customer service, I took the watch to a local watchmaker. He said that the watch had suffered a shock of some kind and needed an "overhaul" - at a cost of about $200. With a now $500 Invicta, I wore the watch with pride. It received several compliments, and many, "Is that a Rolex?" inquiries. After another couple of months, the crown/stem began to strip out and would no longer hand-wind the movement. The Sellita movements are true Swiss movements (if, in fact, Invicta actually uses Sellita movements and not Chinese knock-offs) but there are some reports of crown/stem problems on earlier versions of the SW200 movement. I have another Sellita movement in a watch purchased from Christopher Ward of London that suffered the same crown/stem failure.

In summation, this watch is a much-diminished version of its former self. The "flame-fusion" crystal is a mineral glass crystal with a thin layer of sapphire glued to its outer surface. This is a big deal, because the optical properties of such a crystal are inferior to both a pure mineral glass crystal and a true sapphire crystal as well. The movements used, while allegedly Swiss, are possibly purchased as kits and then assembled with little in the way of quality control by hastily-trained third-world workers - if the movements really are Sellita in the first place. Not recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 10:53:58 AM PST
Thank you Gerald for your reply, the detailed information you shared about your experience and the history of this model.(some of which I was UN-aware of) I'm sure consumers will consider the information helpful and appreciate it,and so do I. BTW, my "brand new" broken Invicta watch still sits in it's box waiting for me to decide what to do with it...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:02:02 AM PST
Check around for a local watchmaker with a good reputation. If your watch otherwise runs well, you might find out what it would cost to replace the crystal with a real sapphire crystal. If the price is acceptable to you, then I advise you to do it. If nothing else, the watch will make a good-looking "everyday" watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:36:38 AM PST
While the watch does have a sporty,rugged, masculine look to it(looks can be deceiving),I'm not sure I want to waste/invest anymore of my hard earned money into a watch that is a lemon.I also don't want to advertise for Invicta that I'm proud of my purchase by wearing one of their watches on a regular or semi-regular basis.While a quality made wristwatch may need repair or maintenance from time to time either because of an accident or cleaning,I don't believe this should be done because of faulty craftsmanship or poor manufacturing and certainly not within first 30 days of purchase! Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations though!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 12:03:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 12:04:49 PM PST
Most warranties will not cover the crystal, bracelet, crown etc. This is not specific to Invicta. Take a look at Tissot, Hamilton, etc and their warranty will stipulate the same coverage.
However had you contacted Amazon at the time, you may have been able to exchange the item. Sorry about your experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 12:55:50 PM PST
Dear Time,
Thank you for your comments.I cannot dispute your claim about "most warranties" I am just a regular consumer looking for a reliable timepiece not an expert on watch warranties however,any respectable company with an ounce of integrity would and should stand by any quality control issues that arise with their products.furthermore,By the tone of your comments,it seems likely to me that you are quite possibly a representative for Invicta by the way you conveniently compare their warranties to such great watchmakers as Tissot,Hamilton,etc which obviously have a greater reputation and far better manufacturing practices.None the less,you assume that I did not contact Amazon to try to rectify this,but hey, let's not lead consumers to believe that when they make a purchase from Invicta,and it goes sour that Amazon should pick up the pieces and fix the problem.Even if their willing...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›