3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars for formatting, July 25, 2011
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
***This review only concerns the formatting for The Hunger Games Trilogy-Kindle edition***

I downloaded this ebook trilogy collection on 7/23/11 and have found the same inconsistent font defect as other reviewers. I noticed that the font would suddenly change when beginning a new chapter or if I returned to the page I was reading after viewing a highlight or dictionary defintion.

And like another reviewer, I have also found that once I passed page 377 (the actual page 377 is the cover of the second book in the trilogy, Catching Fire), the trilogy always indicates that I am on page 377 of 379, even though I am well beyond that page, and it is clear from the final location number that there are obviously more than 379 pages in this collection of three books. The locations, however, do seem to track properly.

Although these formatting defects are not dealbreakers and I really enjoyed the books, they are annoying (with the ever-changing font size being the more annoying of the two). I hope the publisher will fix these defects and reissue a corrected version.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2011 8:27:56 PM PDT
Brian says:
Thank you! I was just noticing the same problem with this collection. The book has been really good, but the formatting has gone to hell half way through The Hunger Games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2011 5:47:34 PM PDT
Lori Maze says:
You're welcome. :) If it's any consolation, the font problem seems to resolve itself after the first book of the trilogy, leaving only the page number defect for the other two books.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 2:14:13 PM PDT
S. Wagner says:
I thought I was going crazy! I really hope they offer an improved version for those of us who bought this one.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 8:04:10 AM PDT
I downloaded this on 09/29, and did have a slight problem with it. But for the few chunks that were wonky, I just increased the font size. Not a big deal, and certainly not a deal-breaker.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 11:51:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 28, 2011 11:52:56 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 11:52:23 AM PDT
Jen says:
so you aren't really missing any of the book, just the font is messed up and the page numbers? Does anyone know if it just happens with the trilogy or does it happen even if you purchase all the books separately?

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 10:06:05 AM PDT
I am thinking seriously about purchasing this trilogy as my niece has stressed how good this is. My question is: Does anyone know if this problem has been eliminated or is it still a concern? Would it happen if I purchased them separately? Would love your input.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 4:01:06 PM PST
I am guessing then that this will add the trilogy as one book, right? I wish I could be the trilogy for this price, but still have them show up as different volumes in the list of books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 5:34:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 5:34:43 AM PST
Lori Maze says:
Yes, it adds the three books as one "entry," if you will, on your Kindle. I also prefer having the different books listed individually, but ended up choosing a bit of a discount in price for all three books over the books listed seperately by their individual titles on my Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 5:39:08 AM PST
Lori Maze says:
I think if you purchase them seperately, you will not have this formatting problem--at least, I haven't read where anyone who bought them individually experienced the format problems that exist in the combined trilogy. As far as whether the problem has been fixed, I can't say. I haven't received notice of a corrected version, which can sometimes happen. Youmight try downloading a sample and seeing if the format problems are present in that. However, if you're inclined to read this set, I wouldn't let the formatting problems dissuade you. They're a bit distracting, but they only exist in the first book (other than the page/location thing), and the story is still very good.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (8,812 customer reviews)
 (7,111)