5.0 out of 5 stars My first wireless keyboard for my ipad 2 and I love it., August 23, 2011
This review is from: Apple Wireless Keyboard MC184LL/B (Personal Computers)
I am writing this review with my new apple keyboard that I purchased from the Apple store because I had a gift card to use there. I also figured if I didn't like it for my ipad 2 that I would use it the Mac Mini I plan on purchasing in the next couple of days.

Pros - Beautiful design like all of the apple products. It matches well with the ipad 2 or any other mac product.
It is slim, but not overly slim. Because it is made out of aluminum it has a very solid feel.
I prefer having a separate keyboard from my ipad 2 because I have the option of leaving it at home and not lugging it around with me everywhere I go.
Using this keyboard, the iPad knows that I don't need the keypad on the screen which gives me full access to the webpage, email document, etc whereas before half of the screen was taken up by the on screen keypad.
It has a slight angle to it so it makes it more comfortable for me to use vs the flat keyboards where it is built into the ipad case. On the bottom of the keyboard, there is a rubberized feel to the battery compartment. This prevents the keyboard from sliding around on your desk if you have a slick or smooth surface.
It was super easy to set up. Apple supplies your first batch of 2 double A batteries(the new version needs only two vs the older version needed 3). and you power on the keyboard, turn on your bluetooth through settings and then pair the device. It will prompt you to type a 4 digit code into your keyboard and then hit return and then it instantly works. One attempt = success.

I have never really liked typing long emails from my ipad because i felt it was a little too awkward so I would keep my emails short. Now with this keyboard paired to my iPad 2, I feel very comfortable writing this review with the case I already purchased months ago.

It will take a few minutes to get used to typing on the keyboard and then going to touch the screen to navigate around the page. I typically associate typing on a physical keyboard with a mouse to navigate the page.

Anyways, if you do end up ordering one, make sure you get the newest version and I hope you enjoy it like I do.

I forgot to mention that I just ordered one for my mom because she loves writing emails...long ones.

Update 11/14/2011 - I still love the keyboard. No durability issues. I now use it on my mac mini everyday too.
Update 12/12/2011 - I haven't changed the batteries that Apple supplied with the keyboard and my Mac Mini says the battery remaining is 60%. I never power the keyboard down.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2011 4:32:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 16, 2011 4:34:28 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 4:33:17 AM PDT
Can Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.work with Apple Bluetooth Keyboard HD 1080p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 11:17:43 AM PST
Not sure about the Galaxy Tab but I have a Galaxy SII i9100 phone which this keyboard does work with beautifully. I use it to type of notes when I don't have my tablet on hand or want to write an email from my phone. So I am sure that the bluetooth is similar in both devices and this should work.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 8:55:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2011 8:57:02 PM PST
Nice review. I wish you could compare the Apple with the competing Targus and Verbatim ones. They are a bit cheaper. One reviewer said he would take the Targus over the Apple even if they were the same price. The Verbatim one folds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 10:54:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2011 10:54:45 AM PST
D. Miyao says:
I have the Kensington Ipad 2 case(Kensington Apple iPad 2 KeyFolio Pro Performance Case with wireless Bluetooth keyboard). I am not a fan as it is a little too small for my hands. It is portable but also adds a lot of girth to the ipad. Plus I do like to keep the keyboard separate from my ipad since I dont always use the keyboard.

I have tried a ton of keyboards in general and I really do like the Apple bluetooth keyboard, but everyone has their own opinion and I'm sure the other reviewer has good reason to like the other brands.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 4:25:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 4:46:39 AM PST
Osprey says:
This keyboard works well with Mac Mini having both Mac OS X and Windows XP installed. (In my case on a separate partition). - Just install it in Mac OS X first with the inlaid code number and then install it in Windows using 0000 as your own chosen code. - Used in conjunction with the Apple Magic Trackpad you have a nice looking and well working combination! - This combination however I have only made work with the Apple OS X!! - I use the Logitech M555b Bluetooth mouse together with the Apple keyboard in either operating system using the code 0000 when pairing the Logitech !

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 2:29:14 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 6:27:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2013 12:36:22 PM PDT
Amy Duluth says:
Trendy Digital: this is not the best place to advertise, we're trying to talk about the keyboard here...

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 11:52:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 8, 2012 11:53:42 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (875 customer reviews)

$69.00 $64.99