Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget other spiritual/NDE books, just buy this one, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing (Hardcover)
Up and coming author Anita Moorjani's debut book Dying To Be Me is undoubtedly one of the most important books of 2012. It is one of the most inspiring memoirs I have ever read. In these pages Anita shares in the most touching and heart felt of ways her personal history, growing up different, the tension cultural expectations created within her and the events leading up to her getting cancer and experiencing the most magnificent of near death experiences at the time her organs began to shut down in the final hours of advanced stage Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
During her NDE Anita awakened to a heightened state of awareness which allowed her to understand why she had cancer (among many other things) and accessed a state of unconditional loving energy that allowed her to gain full recovery of her health.

I need not elaborate on Anita's story any further, as it can be read in her NDE account at the Near Death Experience Research Foundation website, and there are also many different interviews available online for those who are unfamiliar with her story. However, if you are looking for a cliché NDE book with tunnels, white lights, angels and God you will be disappointed. This NDE transcends all cultures and all religions.

I would like to emphasize that despite being a book about a near death experience, it has a much broader appeal than most other NDE books and is in my opinion multi-disciplinary. It is of huge value to anyone interested in the areas of near death experiences, death, dying and bereavement, cancer, spontaneous remission, the mind-body relationship, mind-body and energy medicine, reincarnation, or to anyone who simply wishes to examine how the universe and life works in general. It even makes a compelling case for the skeptics of spiritual phenomena, as her spontaneous remission so close to death is one of a kind and medically documented and verified. In addition to Anita's wonderful message, I would hope that her views on cancer provide food for thought for oncologists around the world, and change the way the world and in particular the medical profession thinks about, views and treats cancer.

What impresses me most about this book and about Anita's message is that her NDE pertains much more to life and living than it does to death and what we can expect in the afterlife (although this topic is also covered in the book). It helps us eliminate the clutter in our lives and to focus more on what makes us happy and brings us joy in life, as well as eliminating any existential phobias we may have stemming from the relatively unknown realm of death.

Often spiritual books can create more existential fears and tensions rather than alleviate them with mention of concepts of sin, karma, pre-life planning of car accidents and illnesses, "soul lessons", soul levels, hell, punishment etc. These books usually have some sort of agenda to push, but luckily this is not the case with Anita Moorjani, she is a breath of fresh air, something I am eternally grateful for.

Anita doesn't claim to be a spiritual guru, she doesn't peddle any sort of agenda as many other spiritual authors do. She has no dogma to force onto the reader. Instead she has an amazing story to tell (which she does with amazing dexterity in the English language), and shares from her NDE the many insights she gained into her own life, her own cancer and life and living in general, insights that anyone can benefit from.

For me Anita's NDE and the insight she gained from it tremendously helped me overcome much cognitive dissonance which came from reading various New Age spiritual, self help type books, and put life into a much clearer and more logical perspective. At the same time Anita offers an outlook on life that is relatively easy to implement-DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT FOR YOU, DON'T DO WHAT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT FOR YOU, everything else in life is secondary.

If you are embarking on a quest for spiritual knowledge or if you have been on one for many years, don't buy 30 New Age books on soul mates, twin flames, soul lessons, law of attraction, indigo children, soul progression, karma etc, such books have little to do with the greater cosmic reality and in my opinion, for the most part, the concepts discussed in them are misconceptions at best, in other cases just plain lies. Such books can create quite a destructive and toxic belief system and can make living life more difficult and complicated than it needs to be.

Instead, just buy this book. It will help you remove the clutter from your mind, your way of thinking and from your life as well. The biggest myth that Dying To Be Me dismisses is that being spiritual or living life needs to be hard work, that we need to work hard for a favoured position in the afterlife, that we need to suffer and make sacrifices for spiritual advancement, enlightenment and perfection (such beliefs are the foundation of all religions and New Age thought). In the absence of such ideas Anita provides us with a much lighter and fulfilling perspective on life, allowing us to become more effective at being ourselves.

In Anita's own words "If you think you need to work hard at being spiritual then you haven't got it yet."

Dying To Be Me is undoubtedly a ten star book, a book with universal appeal and with a message that will never lose its relevance to spirituality and to living a happy and fulfilled life.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012 1:33:43 PM PDT
P. Itano says:
I agree with most of what you said, except the idea that ALL other 'new age' doctrines stress "work hard, sacrifice," etc. I've studied Neville Goddard, Abraham-Hicks, Joseph Murphy, Gregg Braden and others that say what Anita says, i.e., get in touch with how you feel and do what feels right, what feels good to you, and refrain from harming and doing what feels bad to you.

I also listened to an 2011 interview of Anita and it was so wonderfully powerful, helpful and inspiring. (Search for Lilou's interview of Anita on youtube.)

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 3:05:11 PM PDT
Minigram D. says:
You have said it exactly as I would say it. I've read several NDE books and this one, by far, is the best. You feel enlightened, renewed, and hopeful after reading it. I'm on my 2nd read. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. For me, it confirmed how I've felt about death for some time, and that most of us spend out lives trying to do all was can to be "good enough" for some authority, some religion. I've basically always believed I was good enough, but religions, books, others, nearly always say things that tend to make us feel flawed, imperfect, that we don't try hard enough, etc. For about 20 years I've believed that our illnesses are caused by emotions and fears. Her story pretty much confirms that. I would highly recommend this book and have been doing so since I finished my first reading.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:00:51 AM PDT
P. Itano says:
One more thing I'd like to add. I just recently saw on Anita's site anitamoorjani.com the article NDERF Interview. This is a WONDERFUL, enlightening, inspiring and empowering interview of Anita answering questions. I urge anyone who like Anita's book to go and read this interview. It is very powerful.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 12:59:38 AM PDT
I don't agree with that this goes against new age books. It goes against (not original) religion. The best teachers like Eckhart Tolle, Mariana Williamson have the same message. This is an NDE, which just simply another merging with the Eternal Conciousness. You can also experience it when you are fully alife. With emphasis on can. If it would be normal we would all be spiritual teachers like Eckhart Tolle etc. But an NDE is much convincing than a spiritual teacher who gives the message to have seen the Truth or gathered knowledge from sources outside the physical realm. So this book should be renewed interest in spiritual messages.
Btw this is (/could be seen) as another example of the planet waking up. Enough conciousness present to an experience that is characterised by unconciousness (coma).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:20:30 PM PST
expertseeker says:
Another really good source of info on Anita is a recent interview by Rick Archer on his website:www.batgap.com. I found it to be very inspiring.

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 8:12:14 AM PDT
I just heard Anita speak, and will be reading the book as soon as it arrives. I cannot emphasize enough this reviewers perspective - it's spot on. The simple ideas Anita offers would have greatly simplified the last 30 years for me, as I worked hard to get it right, and only brought myself further into despair as the years wore on. Yes, that could have been the path meant to be taken, who knows. I do know that it is a timely message, and so happy that it has come into consciousness for all.

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 5:01:41 PM PDT
SunriseBoy says:
Yep, I don't get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2014 10:45:52 PM PDT
Fuji says:
I hope this review was not written by a friend or was a paid review. The book does sound wonderful and I will consider purchasing it. But few people are willing to write such an in depth and lengthy review, so it makes me wonder about the motives. Again, it does sound like an excellent book and I still am considering a purchase.

Posted on Jun 3, 2014 3:12:42 PM PDT