5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Receiver!, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
What's great about it: Dialogue Control!!! Easy Accurate Automatic Setup!
What's not so great: Nothing

Let me make one thing perfectly clear - The only reason I gave this receiver 5 stars is because they would not let me give it 10 Stars. There seems to be a lack of reviews of this receiver since this is a new unit. I had looked at all major competitors and I can say with confidence that they could easily have charged 4x more for this unit.

Have you ever watched a movie like Star Wars with great special effects or a music video with heavy instrumentation and tried to hear and understand what the vocalist was saying or exactly what the whisper quiet voices were saying to each other without stressing yourself to read their lips because you could not hear them! PROBLEM SOLVED! YAMAHA'S DIALOGUE CONTROL insures you will understand everything that is said onscreen!!! Imagine sitting in your seat with your ultra-responsive remote control - your listening to Jedi Knights played Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor conversing and they talk so low in comparison to effects you can not understand them - what do you do? If you have the Yamaha RX-V675BL you simply press the option button on the ultra-responsive remote control and boost the center channel mid-range DIALOGUE to any of (3) different levels! All of a sudden voices are crystal clear - vocalists are understandable! When was the last time you had that much control over your receiver so fast and easy!

This is only the tip of iceberg! Simple accurate easy setup! Great GUI - more importantly you can control most functions from the remote control combined with the informative front display of the unit - so you do not have to constantly shift to onscreen GUI! FAST & Easy to use. No one else in the industry can offer the quality, simplicity and ease of use with awesome rear panel connectivity like Yamaha! Great sound and ease of use and flexibility with full rear panel digital & analog connectivity, for an incredible price.
The only cons, if there are any, is that WI-FI adapter is extra - I believe it is about $80. You can easily by a Network LAN Ethernet 25 foot cord for cheap - plug it into the rear panel and modem - problem solved!

My recommendation - buy with confidence - you will not get more receiver for the money anywhere!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2013 8:57:23 AM PDT
ukcolin says:
Do you know if you can watch TV and listen to music(dlna, streamed, cd) at same time. TV sound is muted. I own a Yamaha RX-V671 can't do it. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2013 12:28:20 PM PDT
JoeyG says:
You can, if you have the cable/sat box connected to receiver with an optical cable.

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 11:28:20 AM PDT
WD says:
Thank you for a really good review! I was seriously considering getting this receiver - and the $99.00 wi-fi adapter. However, the Yamaha RXA-730 has a built-in adapter - for $50.00 less. Was the RXA-730 something you considered, prior to purchasing the 675?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 10:07:55 PM PDT
B. Hackman says:
Thanks for your comment! I did look at the RXA-730 and I have no doubt it is every bit the unit the 675 is - right now the cost on Amazon is around $649.00. The unit I purchased was $599.00 and 30 days later was on sale for $549.00 - It has similiar capabilities however per the description on Amazon the Wi-Fi adapter was listed as an:

Optional Accessories

YWA-10 Wi-Fi Adapter lets you stream music wirelessly via a router from network components such as a PC or NAS.

No where in the description did I see that it was included or that the RXA-730 had built in Wi-Fi so that is news to me.

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 4:44:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 11, 2013 4:51:02 PM PDT
C. Cornell says:
Hi. Thanks for such a great review!
I currently have the Yamaha RX V573 7.1 and I was wondering if you would suggest that I replace this one with the RX V675 7.2 that you just purchased. I got mine about 6 months ago, but after reading your review I must admit that with the cheaper model I purchased it is sometimes very hard to hear the Dialogue! And you made a great point that this model has it and it works very well. I am also looking at maybe buying the next model up, the RX V775 7.2. I was wondering which one you thought was the better choice. Also do ya think upgrading is warranted in your opinion? Lastly does this model also have the adjustable equalizer options for each speaker like mine does?
I could always use the older one in another room. And I am really not hearing dialogue..
I would really like to hear your thoughts on this and would really appreciate any advise as well. Thanks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2013 7:17:08 PM PDT
B. Hackman says:
Thanks for your comment. I think it would be a value judgement on your part as to whether you upgrade to the RX-V675 7.2 or the 775 7.2. The units are similar with the 775 having built in WI-FI. If you have a high speed LAN modem I would just buy the cord for cheap on Amazon and accomplish the same thing by hooking the LAN Ethernet cable to the back of the 675 and into your modem, as opposed to paying for wireless. I know that the dialogue adjustment along with the almost infinite manual setup adjustments allow you to perfectly adjust the 675. This is my 2nd Yamaha, and I am using the older one in the bedroom. The 675 has the most sophisticated Parametric equalizer I have ever seen offering incredible manual custom adjustments for all speakers - it is truly world class! Bottom line - If I wanted the Wi-Fi I would go with the 775, otherwise I would save the money and go with the 675 and an Ethernet cable and save the money. I hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2013 7:36:51 PM PDT
C. Cornell says:
Hi, thanks for your reply!!
I totally am on the same page as you. The wired Ethernet Cable is even more efficient then wireless. I just wanna ask you one last question. Where you use the term parametric equalizer that sounds like a better version of the GEQ Equalizer i have now on mine? Like its totally customizable with 8 frequancy ranges for each speaker?
I really appreciate your help. I am rereading your post and I am seeing that there is a great totally adjustable equalizer I believe?
Somehow this is not listed on any of Yamaha specs, even on Yamaha's website. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2013 7:45:03 PM PDT
C. Cornell says:
Edit: I just looked up the term parametric equalizer and it is like ten times better then a graphic equalizer! LoL..
Sounds like a great deal. I am ordering this one and I really appreciated your advice a lot. Thnxs!

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 3:07:42 PM PDT
Skyhawk says:
>> Have you ever watched a movie like Star Wars <<

Yes, I've even seen the original, uncensored version where Han shot first !

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2013 4:01:53 AM PDT
USMC GMAN says:
Costco has the Yamaha TSR-6750 for $489 and it comes with the wireless adapter. From what I was reading on avsforum these units are the same but the one from costco has the wireless adapter.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›