1,206 of 1,230 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine (11/30/06 UPDATED 11/16/12), November 30, 2006
This review is from: Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System (Kitchen)
My wife's Christmas present this year is a Keurig B70 coffee maker. We have a B100 at work that I was very impressed by and we decided that a home machine would nicely fill the need when we might want a cup or two, but might not want to make a full pot.

Long story short: we love the machine. So far, our favorite coffee is Timothy's Kona Blend -- but we haven't tried more than a handful of the scores of varieties of coffees and teas available for the beast. We got the extra filter for when we want to grind and use our own coffee in the machine, but have not yet had the opportunity to try it yet. It is a nice option to have.

We'll still use our Zojirushi thermal carafe brewer when we need a full pot, but the Keurig is wonderful for lesser amounts. Highly recommended.

I learned today that one of the coffee roasters that supplies the K-cups, Green Mountain, just bought Keurig (an American company with a Dutch name). I hope this won't limit the variety of coffees available for the machines -- that would be a major bummer if other roasters bowed out and would cause me to pull my glowing recommendation.

UPDATE 7/30/07: The B70 died today after 8 months of yeoman service. A call to Keurig revealed that the symptoms matched a "bad element" (one would assume heating element). A replacement machine in on its way (arrival in 3-4 days). Keurig doesn't want the old machine back, just a part. Keurig customer service was extremely pleasant and professional. Assuming the replacement machine arrives in good form, the five star rating is intact. I do wonder if there is a generic problem with heating elements in this model -- I'll have to look through the newer reviews to see if I should worry.

UPDATE 1/12/11: The replacement B70 is still going strong 3.5 years later. Still very happy with the unit.

UPDATE 11/16/12: The same B70 is now at my wife's workplace and is still going strong. No additional repairs have been needed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2010 9:52:59 AM PST
Lisa B says:
Sure wish you would post an update to let us know how the new machine worked, and lasted... beyond 8 months? How do you feel about the machine now, years later?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 8:44:49 AM PST
Also, I wish you would have given a model number or year something for us to distinguish rather or not to purchase a certain month number or? Other than that you have written more than most.for that a big THANKS.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 6:17:20 AM PST
MyViews says:
He updated and says the replacement still going strong 3 and 1/2 years later.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 1:58:54 PM PST
Hello, Thank you so much for your rateing comment. Ive been looking to upgrade. Currently, I have the Keurig Special Edition B60 and I must say, its wonderful! However Im loooking for a machine that will give me more coffee, as this machine only goes to 9.25 ounces. I love the variety Keurig offers and the coffee isnt bad either. Hee Hee! Thanks to your rateing comment I have found a suitable upgrade. Have a wonderful day, and Happy Coffee drinking to you!

Posted on May 13, 2012 9:12:18 AM PDT
I'm on my 6th machine. They last anywhere from 6 months to 8 months before the pump goes out. The company will replace them if they go out within one year. I love the coffee but Keurig uses cheap water pumps and if I do have one that last over the year warranty, I'll replace it with a different maker. It's sad because it makes the best one-cup coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:28:50 AM PDT
We're still going strong on the second machine that was sent as a replacement for the first. Sorry to hear about your continuing troubles!

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 10:29:34 AM PDT
So which is better, the B60 or B70 model? Amazon.com currently has the B60 for $137 and at my local Costco, they have the B70 for $149. More importantly, what has been the reliability of both of these products? The advantage to Costco is having the most lenient return policy on non-electronic items in the marketplace.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 1:44:50 PM PDT
R. gerard says:
in regard to issues w the pump etc., what does the warranty entail? it appears to me the negative reviews ended w/ the new b70 model. is this true? does anyone recommend the elite edition?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:59:32 AM PST
Rosebud says:
I have several keruig machines, this is my oldest model and it's still going strong. I currently own the mini plus, B70, the new Vue and a Cuisinart K cup machine, I also owned an older model B40 which I gave to my daughter in law. Of all of these machines the B70 and Cuisinart are my favorites. The B70 is my oldest machine at 5 years old and still brews as great as the day I bought it home. I have never had any issues with this machine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:06:45 AM PST
Our B70 is still going strong at my wife's workplace. We purchased a new VUE system for home.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›