4.0 out of 5 stars Sony camera, September 19, 2013
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H300/B Compact Zoom Digital Camera in Black + Sony 32GB Class 10 Secure Digital Memory Card + Carrying Case + 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries w/ Charger + Accessory Kit (Electronics)
I wish that people had written a full review before I bought this camera, so I could have been a bit more prepared. Let me just say first that I love this camera, but there are some good and bad sides to everything, I suppose, so I am going to list them since the only other five reviews have not touched on anything but how great the camera is for them.

Pros: Comes with everything you need, there is no guess work!!!!

Has a wonderful zoom on it. I got this camera just in time to capture my son in football practice, and it felt like I was really standing next to him. I could even use the LCD to zoom in and watch, even if I wasn't taking pictures of him.

The instructions for the camera are actually in the box, you don't have to read them online.

Very easy installation of the software, that is all online, and even compatible with Windows 8.

Tons of wonderful features for an amateur photographer to feel like they know what they are doing (namely ME!!!) It is easy to find all of these features and start playing around with them so that you are familiar with them fairly quickly.

Cons: The weight of the camera is all lens, so it is very front heavy. The rest of the camera is plastic.

The flash has to manually be popped up with a small button before even the auto flash will work. If you are anything like me, you might forget that when you really need it.

The lens cap does not fit very securely. It fell off while I was carrying the camera in it's case and I didn't know it.

The screen protectors don't stick very well. I put mine on there, fairly easy after you cut it, fit it to the screen, especially if you have other devices that you protect. Mine fell off once I set the camera back down on the counter. I didn't even get a chance to carry it around with the protector on (this is not a no sell for me, I have never protected the screens on any of my cameras, and have never scratched any of them).

I hope this review really helps someone that was doing research like I was.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]