21 of 25 people found the following review helpful
Don't fall for other's complaints!,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Pyramid RSW18100 18 Gauge 100 Feet Spool of High Quality Speaker Zip Wire (Electronics)
1) The wire is copper and the color is exactly as pictured.
2) The wires split easily (by pulling apart, no scissors need) and they strip fine.
3) The PVC insulation is sufficiently thick and very pliable
4) The wire is as strong as any other I have used. I cut of a chunk and tried to break it with my hands.
Sure, the insulation stretches a little but it IS plastic after all.
5) The only legitimate complaint I read is that the gauge is smaller than 18, and I would agree that it is actually 20. If you were using all 100 ft, you'd be talking about 1 ohm resistance versus 0.65 ohm (could be significant at HIGH current draws), but how many people are doing a 100ft run with large speakers? For a 15 ft run, it is .15 versus .1 ohms-- negligible.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2013 2:04:12 AM PDT
It's 22 gauge or smaller. Considering every 3 gauges equates to half the conductor size and half the current capacity, yes, it's a big deal. 22 gauge wire is *far* cheaper than 18 gauge, and had I seen 22 gauge wire at this price I would have passed right by it. In fact, 22 gauge wire isn't even recommended for speaker runs longer than about 6 feet.
Posted on Sep 5, 2014 11:38:40 AM PDT
So YOU haven't had a problem and you admit that it is not as labeled. Very interesting review. You may have not had a problem, but are you calling the people who have liars? Don't say "Don't fall for other complaints" You can leave your opinion of what you got, but leave other people's reviews alone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›