2.0 out of 5 stars When it works, its great., April 26, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
We have had it less than three months. We have to descale about once a week. Our water has 1 gram of hardness. Almost perfect. They have sent new water reservoir (which by the way Keurig has great help line). But, honestly for the money the Mr. Coffee is better. You just have to add the water each time. But it works each time. It is very hard to get a consistent full cup of coffee out of this Keurig machine.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2011 6:27:26 AM PDT
Paul Gately says:
NOT getting a full cup either! I have not even had it one day and debating if I want to return it and go for the Mr Coffee one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 4:05:12 AM PST
It's the same technology in the Mr. Coffee machine

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 9:33:38 AM PST
J. Kennel says:
ours quit making a full cup after about a year. We have done everything we know to do and still we get 1/2 cup and then you can see water still sitting in the reservoir when it's done brewing. LOVE it when it works. Not so much now. Are any of the newer ones better?

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:01:11 PM PST
Elderbear says:
I have a Mr. Coffee version that died after two weeks use, but cup sizes were variable. Some research on the net indicates that it may be a clogged microfilter. Folks clean them with toothbrushes on the models with removeable reservoirs. For those, like the Mr. Coffee, that have fixed reservoirs, there seems to be no help.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 1:42:11 PM PDT
My Mr. Coffee lasted a few months and was good while it lasted. I'm just glad I got it on sale and it's not worth sending in to a service center. Following all of the directions for cleaning/descaling did not help at all.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 3:01:42 PM PDT
mjobmi says:
my water is normal hard water, I haven't had any problems. Gave one to family member with well water, his Mr Coffee (under-counter spacesaver) needs cleaning once a week since replacing his Keurig has run fine for over 5 months.

Mine 14 months no issues. As far as the coffee, there are 3 flavors that are as good as any I've tasted. Newmans Own is actually quite good.
They all have elements that heat the water the size and efficacy vary little

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:04:40 AM PDT
Just tried mine yesterday and discovered they must have a lot of models. The one I got probably is the worst. It's this one. I had to a laugh when I realized you could only get two amounts of water, smaller and smaller. 1/2 cup only . . . and the taste? I thought I was drinking just half n' half and water. Where's the coffee? MIA. For me, I would rather have no coffee than bad coffee. So, it's all packed up and going back to the store today. I might try another model, but in reality, my moment of truth came when a house guest told me he went to sleep the night before looking forward to my coffee in the morning (I seriously make the best coffee!). Imagine his horror when he discoved this machine sitting on the counter.... I think you have to realize what has value to the people who depend on you for their coffee. And I found out, it was my famous coffee brewed each morning in my old favorite brewer. So, now, I look forward to happily brewing each new pot for my family and their friends knowing that they love it! Bye bye Keurig!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2012 5:34:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2012 5:40:13 PM PDT
mjobmi says:
if you make the best coffee why in the world would you let Keurig do it for you? There are plenty of good coffee available though this system. Newmans Own, Donut House Starbucks all make good coffee

I have a French press and use course ground coffee that I believe is very good however I do enjoy the coffee that spits out of this machine.
BTW if you need a pot of coffee in a short amount of time than by all means use some full pot brew system. The Keurig advantage is single service coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 3:45:18 PM PDT
Katka says:
To get a full cup or mug of coffee you have to press the button for tall. Remember, a cup of coffee is stupidly still 6 oz. Hope this helps someone.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 12:42:11 PM PDT
JCB1 says:
There is a ball valve in the brewer which sometimes just gets stuck. When it starts to gurgle to make the cup, slap it hard on the top with the palm of your hand. It's a pretty low tech solution to the problem, but it works.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (871 customer reviews)

$132.00