5.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile and comfortable baby carrier, October 14, 2008
This review is from: Baby K'tan Baby Carrier, Warm Cocoa, Small (Baby Product)
This is my third sling, and I really like it. My other two are both pouch slings: a Hotsling and an adjustable Mayawrap pouch sling. You can't beat a pouch slings for pure simplicity of use. However, I think the Baby Ktan baby carrier is quickly becoming my favorite. It is essentially two pouch slings tied together, plus a sash to use as extra support for some of the positions. Here are the pros and cons:
Pros: Very versatile -- wear your baby like you would in a regular pouch sling, or wear her facing forward or backward like you would in a Baby Bjorn. There are also hip carry and back carry positions -- 8 positions in all. Very comfortable -- the stretch cotton is wonderfully soft and in nearly all the positions, you can have the carrier go over both shoulders. This was a big selling point for me because I find that my back aches after about an hour or so in a regular pouch sling. In the Baby Ktan, with both shoulders carrying the load, it's much easier. Packable -- much less bulk than a Baby Bjorn or other structured/padded carrier; about the size of two pouch slings. Large weight range -- I can also put my 30 lb. toddler in the hip carry position with this thing. Machine wash, tumble dry.
Cons: A little bit of a learning curve and not quite as quick and easy to use as a pouch sling. Takes up about twice as much room as a pouch sling in the diaper bag.
One buying tip: Pay close attention to the sizing recommendations, and if you are at all in between sizes, get the smaller one. The material is quite stretchy. I bought a small to begin with, but returned it for an extra small, which fits me better. I'm 5'4" and average weight.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2012 11:27:03 PM PDT
Mistypaw says:
I am a 24/26 shirt size, do you think it's strechy enough that the x-large will still fit me?

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 6:21:58 PM PST
S. Taylor says:
I don't mean to offend, but what do you mean by "average weight"? I am 5'4", prepregnancy weight of 150-160 depending on my activity level and if I've been good with eating. I think I will need a medium, does that seem accurate to you?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2013 10:10:25 PM PDT
AKmom says:
If this helps, I'm 5'3", with a prepreggo weight of 149 lbs, and was around 170 lbs shortly after giving birth. I have since lost most of that and am at 151 lbs. The medium size is a perfect fit for me, and has continued to fit well with the changes in my weight since the baby was born.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›