5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, July 3, 2012
This review is from: SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC Class 6 Flash Memory Card (619659070076) (Personal Computers)
works great with my Samsung Galaxy S3. The phone detected around 59.5GB. I was able to record 1080p video directly to the SD card with no problem, so the card is fast enough to handle that task.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2012 5:50:21 PM PDT
Hi, I'm going to get the S3 very soon! So I was wondering, does this SD card work well with the S3? and do you have to do any additional work to get it to work with the phone? like having to adapt it or anything, or can you just switch the original card out and go about your business?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 6:03:12 PM PDT
T.K. says:
It's been working well so far. I mainly use it for storage for stuff like photo, video and music. As I've mentioned, I can record 1080p video straight to the card without problem.

There's nothing extra I have to do. Just pop it in the phone, and I formatted the card before I put anything on it just to be safe, and I don't really need to do any extra thing since.

And Samsung somehow disabled the ability to put apps on the SD card, so I am not sure how that will perform if you were to use the card for other phones.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 7:05:42 PM PDT
Cool! If you don't mind me asking, how do you format it? Does it come with the card, or do I have to go get it from some where else? And Did you get the 32 GB or 16? Because I was thinking of just getting a 16B and getting this card also. So you just take out the original card and put the new one in, and you can add music on and photos? And does it mess with your apps? because some one told me that when you get a new SD card you might loss your apps or not be able to download anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 11:21:21 PM PDT
T.K. says:
You can format the card with your phone. But you can also format it with your PC.
I bought the 16GB version, and the phone doesn't come with any SD card so there is no "original card".
Also, I think Samsung disable the ability to store apps on the microSD card, so I don't think you can mess up your apps. Even if it did, you can just reinstall the apps again easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:25:44 AM PDT
Victor says:
In regards to apps, Samsung changed the directory for where app data is stored on the phone and made it exclusive to the phone itself. If you're worried about progress being lost in some apps there is no need to worry as reformatting your phone will still preserve the contents stored on the internal memory card. If for some reason you would be switching phones though, you can look into a 3rd-party app like Titanium Backup and you should be fine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›