Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase in a long time - here's why..., January 21, 2014
This review is from: Nixplay 8 inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame. iPhone & Android App, Email, Facebook, Dropbox, Instagram, Flickr & Picasa - W08A (Camera)
I was hesitant to buy the frame based on some of the reviewers having a difficult time getting it set up. That being said, I decided to take a chance because this was one of the most inexpensive wireless frames I could find - especially with the Amazon discount price - and secondly, because I knew if I had an unresolved problem, Amazon is great to accept returns in my experience.

I gave the frame 5 stars because:
(1) I had zippo - zero - problems setting it up. Once it came - which was very quickly - I followed the instructions to set up the frame, set up my Nixplay account on their website, created an album & uploaded photos, then created a new slideshow, dragged the album to the slideshow and saved - and it started playing them. Had no problem with connecting.
(2) It's ability to connect to and upload from Facebook and Picasa was great. Once I had albums from my laptop photos, I got bold and went to the Facebook tab in the Nixplay account, signed on to Facebook, went to my college daughter's Facebook page, since she's a "friend", and was able to upload her entire Profile photo album to the frame. Just like that. It was neat being able to see how her profile photos have changed over 5 years! As to Picassa, I was able to access & easily upload from my Picasa albums. I used that for several projects - more below.
(3) I was able to use it for something I've been wanting to do for many years - but found too cumbersome - use it to display messages (in my case scripture verses) for my family to see regularly - and also for educational purposes. The scriptures / photos I was able to download from Pinterest. The educational was my son's dolche sight words - like flashcards - that he is learning. That I did by taking screen shots of a free dolce sight word PDF, and uploading them to my Picassa account. There was no problem with getting the screenshot format photos uploaded if I did it through Picasa.
(4) Nixplay support staff quickly responded to an issue I had with accessing my Nixplay account from my new Chromebook. It wouldn't let me use the Chrome browser. I let them know - they said they would work on it & get back - and within the week, it was resolved. Now it's even easier for me to work on my albums from anywhere.
To be fair, there are a very few things I wish the frame had / did also - the first being a way to afix it the wall. I have it propped up between some candleholders on the wall - but it's not where I'd like it to be. I wasn't able to get it to stick with velcro or sticky tape - it actually fell from several feet up twice - and it still works fine! Secondly, it would be nice if it was rechargable - so I could put it where I really want it & not have a black power cord showing. Third, touch screen would be nice - but the remote is fine also - as long as you or the kids don't misplace it. Lastly, I would like a larger frame, which I believe Nixplay is working on - but I don't want to pay alot! I'm curious as to what the price will be.
To sum up - I love my Nixplay Cloud frame. It's only been two weeks - but it's my favorite "grown up toy" in my house - and I can't wait to think of more creative ways to use it. I'd also like to buy one for my mom and sister, when my budget allows!

[Add comment]