Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Legible - Day, Date, Month and Time - Day or Night + it Lights Up., June 4, 2010
This review is from: Casio Women's LW200-2BV Digital Blue Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
My wife has quite a few watches, some quite expensive and some not so expensive. But none of them can do what this watch does. For the extremely low price of this watch it's just amazing to me how Casio can put all these features into this watch. Although this watch has an alarm which we don't use we only wanted it because it has the time, day and date displayed in large readable numbers. Plus we wanted a light to read the time easily in the dark and this watch does that well.

I have a Casio men's watch that has similar features as this one Casio Men's W89HB-5AV Illuminator Sport Resin Strap Watch and I love it. I wear it constantly around the house, it's just a great every day watch. My wife was getting jealous because I always had the day, date, and time handy day or night. Consequently we bought her this blue Casio watch.

Unlike most watches where you have to change the date at the end of the month, it's not necessary with this one it's all programmed in until 2099. The only time you have to change anything on this watch is daylight savings time. On the front or top of the watch there is a very convenient blue button, when pressed the watch face will light up allowing you to easily see the time in the dark. My wife wears this watch constantly, that means even to bed " its that comfortable " so she can tell the time if she wakes up a night.

Let me say it's an attractive watch in a cute way. No it does not look like an expensive watch, so don't wear it with your uppity country club friends unless you don't mind them talking behind your back. It's all plastic with a stainless steal back. It's water resistant to 165 feet, which means you can bathe, shower or ever swim with it on. It has a 10 year battery in it which is nice, although I doubt very much the watch exterior will last anywhere near that long.

I first thought of buying the pink version of this watch, but reading the reviews it seems it's hard to see the pink numbers. My wife does not have that problem with the blue numbers. All and all this is an attractive everyday watch that takes all the guess work out of the time, day or date whether it's day or night.

I gave it 5 stars not because it is the most attractive well made time and date watch out there, but because it did everything we expected it to do well. And the extremely low price was an additional plus.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2010 1:24:35 PM PDT
Oh ok, so this watch is for you wife then, not you? I kind of begin to wonder when you review a lot of kitchen related items, and never review any garden related stuff. lol

Well, it seems to be a good watch from what I am seeing in your review. Can the watch calculate 100 times pie? Just a silly question lol

Posted on Jun 15, 2010 3:12:22 AM PDT
I'm researching watches right now and I have the pink version of this watch which isn't really mine, and will have to give it back soon. I find the back light dims the numbers even more on the watch, making it hard to see. I have to wonder and ask if that's the same thing with the blue version? Does it fog up under water?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2010 10:06:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2010 10:07:15 AM PDT
Rich K says:
Hi Spryte; I'll try to answer your question as best I can.

The reason I got the blue instead of the pink watch is the reviewers of the pink watch mentioned the pink numbers where difficult to see. My wife has not had that problem with the blue numbers. Using the light in a dark area, the time is legible but the date is a bit difficult to see. My wife has worn it bathing and swimming a couple of times, she did not notice any fogging up on it. Of course she probably was not looking at the watch at that time.

I'm retired and write reviews of items I own as a hobby and to help people such as you to make an informed decision when buying a product. The only way I know if my efforts are helpfully is if you click on the space below the review where it says helpful or not helpful. I noticed you did not click on them, consequently I have no idea if my review was helpful to you.

By the way I read your wonderful and informative review on Marie Hara's book on Bananaheart and the Picture Brides. I found this fascinating and a subject I did not even know existed. I am going to check into it further. I gave you a thumbs up or a helpful vote on it.

Rich

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 1:48:58 PM PST
CY says:
Does the watch also have a timer?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 2:07:58 PM PST
Rich K says:
My wife does not use a timer, I thought it had one but checking it now I don't think it does.

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 8:52:54 AM PST
Issa Mrt says:
Hi!!

Have you swim while using this watch?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›