5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for overseas travel, felt secure, April 12, 2012
I traveled to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam and had this bag with me the entire time. I'm glad I did.
Pros:
Good size, I have a bad shoulder so I couldn't take too much - this will fit quite a bit, but I wasn't able to STUFF it full which was actually good for my shoulder.
I used the velcro pouch near the top for my camera, and it was GREAT because it was Always there, and always accessible. I could get those quick shots cuz I didn't have to dig around for it.
i used the front pockets for things that I didn't care about getting stolen, chapstick, snacks, headphones, pen etc.
I used the front locking pocket for my money and tickets to metro and events for a few reasons. My friend also had this bag and she was pick pocketed in Paris - listen to this as it will hopefully help you. She had a separate change purse where she put her bills/money, metro tickets and one credit card and drivers license. Well, she took that change purse OUT of this bag, opened the change purse, took out money, paid for something, put the change purse BACK into the larger main compartment, did NOT zip up the bag, turned to talk to me, and that is when we think someone must have been watching her NOT zip up the bag and reached in and took out the entire change purse.
So, I kept my money loose, in the front zipper / locked pocket in the front, and always locked it. That way, my hands were inside of the pocket, looking for the money that I needed and when I was done, I just zipped and locked it. I never took anything out of the purse, so they didn't see what I had. I also kept my credit card and ID in the little id pockets on the very inside of this purse, not in anything seperate, which I felt very safe with as they would have to know where to pull them out from, deep inside. I had my passports and the "extra" larger bills and money/cash etc in my hidden money belt around my waist, tucked inside my pants - I would highly recommend one of those.
Anyway, the only CON to this bag was the strap. I had read the reviews about it being uncomfortable to wear, so I wore it at home and agreed. I made a "sleeve" to go around the strap, with a strip of memory foam padding from an old mattress topper that I had. I covered the foam in a stretchy black material and made another loop and put it around about 18 inches of the strap. It kept twisting on me, but after putting a few safety pins to hold it in place, I really liked having it. it was all black so you couldn't see it - and my shoulder really appreciated it. I never got a back ache from wearing it.
Another thing I would recommend is to buy a collapsible water bottle that you can fill up because it fits nicely in the back zip pocket, and when water is gone, it is flat and adds no weight or bulk til you fill again.
I also used the carribeaner clip to clip this bag to my chair a few times. OVerall, great bag, except for the uncomfortable strap, which can be fixed by putting on a little pad.

[Add comment]