ARRAY(0xd81e0984)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite mouse . . . from MadCatz?, July 3, 2010
This review is from: Mad Catz R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse for PC and MAC (Video Game)
Length:: 6:40 Mins

Here is a quick video review of the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 gaming mouse.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2010 4:29:40 AM PDT
Great review, but I wish you went more in depth with the grip instead of "It feels great". Maybe compare it to some other gaming mice that you've owned in the past.

But again, great review.

Posted on Jul 5, 2010 8:53:46 AM PDT
F. Cage says:
Great review and thanks for the video. May I suggest you do one to address the 2 star review due the reviewer not liking the mouse software. I never use the included mouse software so I'm curious if his complaint has any merit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2010 10:45:39 AM PDT
enders4you says:
I would say the mouse is as close to a feeling as the logitech G9 mouse than anything and the extra grips work well for sweaty hands. There is very little curve to the mouse and is more for the user that either has his hands flat or claws it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2010 10:53:17 AM PDT
enders4you says:
As far as the software goes . . . it's really basic software, change the speed, set the macros or change up the buttons, there nothing really more that I coulds say about it other than the precesion aim button is great, other mice have you move your finger away from the left click to change the speed and this is right where your thumb is. Here is an image that amazon is missing from the program menu . . . http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5225/rat7u.png

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 3:41:07 AM PDT
Hey im just curious on when you got the mouse? i'm supposed to receive mine next week according to amazon, but i think i was a later pre order due to the fact i was buying the rat 9 but i was tired of waiting so i switched over to the rat 7. So, just curious on how you already got your mouse.

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 9:08:13 AM PDT
enders4you says:
Yea . . . the rat 9 got pushed back 2 month . . . so 10.12.10 is the new release date for the rat 9. I actually ordered my mouse from gamestop.com because amazon kept saying 1-4 weeks shiping.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 9:47:22 AM PDT
dang man..... I should have too :/. I nearly just ordered it from gameshark last night just cause its almost a month after the release that im getting mine in the mail, WTF! but i figured it would just take longer changing stuff now. Well, thanks for the review; one question, does the click on the mouse actually have a click or do you have to just BARELY touch it like the razer mice? cause i used one of the razer mice and hated it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 9:54:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2010 9:57:24 AM PDT
enders4you says:
The mouse requires a slight click on the very top near the wheel and a good click near the middle to back . . . its funny cause it says "rapid fire" near the top. I'm sure your going to love it. I'll be getting the rat 9 as well when its caught and in my hands. I've been playing around with other programs like photo editor programs, video editor programs and web designing programs. The mouse's sensitivity works well. The only problem I have with the mouse is the scroll wheel on the side . . . just don't know what keys to map that too . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2010 10:11:26 AM PDT
hahahaha yeah i know, im still trying to figure that out too. I mean im mainly going to use it to game until fall semester starts up, but i figured i could find something to map it to. ok thats good it needs a good click, that "barely touching it" is crap! heh heh, im sure if owned one i would get used to it though. man two of these, i thought i was crazy enough buying this mouse and the razer lycosa for the USB on the back. Well hope your having fun with it, enjoy it for me until i get mine next week. Thanks for answering my question.

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:52:20 AM PDT
SkykingUSA says:
Thanks for the great review. How does the main scroll wheel feel? It looks rather wide. Does it click or scroll smoothly with no notches? Is it "changeable" like the Logitech mice?

Also, what do you think of the weight? I'm used to using a Logitech G7, and now I'm trying out a Razer Mamba that I just picked up at Best Buy - only because I couldn't wait any longer for the Rat 9. I usually like the lighter mice, but I find the lightness of the Mamba a little off-putting. I'm not getting used to it as easily as I thought. it's a completely different grip than my G7 too which is weird.

Thanks again for putting the time into this review!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (696 customer reviews)

$99.99 $80.73