1.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable streaming..., March 29, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic DMP-BD87 Ultra-Fast Booting Blu-ray Disc Player (Electronics)
Streaming Netflix works very poorly. It seems to run into network problems 3 out of every 4 tries. A 6 year old laptop placed right next to it gets a good wi-fi connection and can stream without problems.

Navigating the menus is painfully slow, and sometimes locks up. Once it completely froze up and wouldn't even power off. After 5 minutes, I needed to unplug it just to get it to shut off.

Returning it only 3 hours after the package arrived. Here's hoping that Amazon's return process is as painless as the web pages imply. I've never had to use it before.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2012 10:43:59 AM PDT
I was out and on a whim a picked up this Blue Ray. I have to say I have had it less then a month and it has locked up at least 4 times. Sometimes with a disc other times trying to load up the Network. Panasonic, I'm very disappointed to say the least. I bought this to replace a Panasonic that I got 12 years out of. This one is going back to the store.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 12:41:36 PM PDT
MEddy says:
Appreciate all these reviews. Honestly, I'd have purchased any Panasonic product [just about] and never read a review. Shocked they'd come out with a disc player that could garner this many bad reviews. Guess the age of blindly trusting any specific brand is truely over. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2014 8:56:15 AM PDT
Paul B. says:
I've had problems with mine also! Just for steaming Netflix! Sometime's not all the time.When I'm watching a movie on Netflix.It will freeze up on me.That' I cant even shut the player off.I have to unplug it! And reboot it! It's crazy because it dont do it all the time.I bought mine at Walmart' I hav'nt returned it because it play's the blu ray dvd's fine.

Posted on Apr 27, 2014 9:08:20 AM PDT
Paul B. says:
Hey'Rich' I have the same exact problem with mine!It will freeze up on me! And I cant even shut it off! I have to unplug it and reboot it! Just when I'm on Netflix! But it does'nt do it all the time.I'm using the WI-FI with it. It's not plugged into my moderm directly.But it play's the blu ray's fine! I got mine at Walmart.I have alway's purchased Panasonic products with no problems.To late to return mine! Good luck with everything!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.1 out of 5 stars (206 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $29.95