5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect treat for training and other things, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Zuke's Mini Naturals Dog Treats, Roasted Chicken Recipe, 16-Ounce (Misc.)
I've bought Zukes Mini Treats, chicken for such a long time. I heard about it on TV series. So when I checked at a store, they, to me, were expensive, some sites are better.

BUT Amazon, so far, beats all prices. I never thought that these treats would work so fast, it's amazing. Yes I saw it on TV, since I'm not sure one is allowed to say which series it is, I won't say what it is.

First time I bought Zukes, 1 pound, (got two dogs), I bought it long ago, with other products, and like I wrote, both dogs learned fast, everytime I train, or make sure they always are good, mainly outside, they actually know I have those mini Chicken treats...probably the smell, and we have 2 Labs, so I guess it's the smell.

First time I used them, it was only when they gave positive reaction. I was quit surprised it didn't take long as dogs do remember, so when I give command, and they listen, I praise them, give them each the treat.

I also got one of those treat packages, comes in handy outside.

I have to say they remember better than I do, meaning when I say something new, a new learning thing, it seemed, at at least to me, that they knew if they did it, they'd get a treat.

I want to make clear that although on occassion on some dogs, it takes longer to learn, but they do. But also, there WILL come a time that they just do what they're told, like "not try to dig under fence, or try to go after Cats", that they actually do listen, but when they come inside doggie door when I call them, they sit and wait before going in the house. So, yes, I give each of them one mini chicken treat.
Then they go in the house, and they both play.

But in the house, if or when things get out hand, like door bell ringing, the best word for me that I taught was a stern "NO!" that takes their attention off the door.

Here's a tip, another thing I used a long time ago...because dogs do what dogs do, meaning we have so many cats in the neighborhood, not easy to get them in the house.

I started with a clicker, inside house, they know that clicking sound they get the mini chicken treat. That, at last for us, WORKS ALL THE TIME.

I really don't know what else to say, other than if anyone is going to try the treats, make sure you try the chicken first, they seem, at least our dogs, love that chicken. One pound of those treats are far better price than 8oz.

Just make sure it comes from Amazon, anything over $25.00 you don't pay postage. (unless you don't care about postage, or you're rich..lol )

The 3rd parties also, I found, but ONLY SOMETIMES, they also don't charge postage. What I'm trying to say is if economy is hurting you, then just take the time, as I do, and just check out the prices.

If anyone has any questions, or even suggestions as I always like suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Now I feel better doing the review. I should have done more reviews, I plead guilty to that. In a way, this was fun to do. Thank you for reading my review, and hope, especially if you have hard time training, hope you try these treats.

Just remember THIS, never YELL, or NEVER EVER hit your dog, that is so wrong, especially if it's trained, and somebody wants to pet him/her, the dog will DEFINATELY think he or she might be hit. Dogs are, indeed, smarter than people realize, and from 1967 til present, I always find out new things about our dogs, as we adopt them, they are wonderful animals to have, they WILL protect you, LOVE you, and do anything for you.

I know this to be true..., so believe me when I say Dogs are great, my view is GREAT for us Senior Citizens, they do protect us, and in my case one literally saved my life in July, 2008.

So reminding you if anyone has any questions, please ask, or recommendations, that's cool too, always listen to recommendations. :-)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]