1.0 out of 5 stars FOSCAM shipped me half way repaired junk as "new"! Also, horrible Phone Support, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Foscam FI9826W (Black) 1.3 Megapixel (1280x960p) 3x Optical Zoom H.264 Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera (Electronics)
I purchased direct from FOSCAM.US the FI9826W and FI9806W in May 2014. The 9826 was obviously re-boxed, missing plastic wrap and smelled like it had been “on fire”, burnt microchip smell. The cam preset and other functions did not work.

Calling FOSCAM for support was a nightmare. I tried 8 times, and spent 4 hrs 19 minutes on hold. Then, I never did get the needed assistance. The Foscam phone support tech hardly understood English as if I could understand anything he was saying on that broken voice over IP phone system they use.

After all that, the phone technician finally told me I needed an RMA. But, I must send an email requesting replacement to: replacement@foscam.us. So, I sent them an email a few days ago. THEY HAVE NOT YET REPLIED. Looks like I will need to contact my Credit Card Company to get a refund. HORRIBLE!

PRE-SALE QUESTIONS? GIVE UP! I called to ask if the FI8906W requires a 12v or 5v cable. I was on hold 97 minutes total. I was hung-up on my first call by a phone technician. SECOND CALL: The phone technician was guessing at an answer of 5volts. But, how can that be true when all the other outdoor cams are 12v to power 30-60 LEDs? Foscam support was guessing based on wrongly listed accessories on the 8906 web page. No answer was ever confirmed by Fascom. I got the correct “12 volt” answer from a YouTube video. I needed to be sure before purchasing 3x cables at 14.99 each. Foscam was wrong. HORRIBLE!

AUDIO QUESTION? Do you want to know if the cam audio-in is line level or electorate microphone? GIVE UP, Foscam support can not answer. They will guess and cost you a lot of effort, time and, money.

Who are these people that give this company good review? Could it be Foscam Public Relation posting lies? YES, all the reviews saying great support MUST BE a Foscam Public Relation Company posting propaganda!

I will send my cams back and fight the charges with my credit card. Stick a fork in me, I’m done.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2014 7:55:56 AM PDT
Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we will do everything we can to correct this issue. Since the camera is defective we will provide a replacement camera with a brand new camera at no cost. We do not sell used/refurbished cameras as new cameras. A single camera will not come in shrink wrap.

The FI8906W and the FI9826W both use 5v power adapters. Our outdoor HD cameras such as the FI9805W and FI9804W use 12v as the LEDs are larger and draw more power. If the model number FI9806W was mentioned it could have caused confusion as it the FI98XXW implies that is is an HD camera, but there is no FI9806W model.

The camera's audio-in uses a mic input. It does not use line level.

Again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate the feedback. We will do everything in our power to rectify this issue.

Best Regards,