4.0 out of 5 stars Had my daughter dancing in the middle of the room., October 11, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Dance And Play Puppy (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With a 22 month old daughter running around I jump at the opportunity to review new kids stuff.
The second I saw this toy on Amazon Vine I volunteered and what a great decision it was.

First of all the toy comes with batteries already installed. It's in the box pretty good and I have learned over the recent months to get the toy out of the box before my daughter see's it or there will be a wrestling/whining match to deal with. I'm getting pretty good at getting these kids toys out of the boxes now but I recommend a pair of scissors in case you're not.

The puppy doesn't have a name so my daughter named it Mario, which is kind of funny because it has a female voice. She sings ABC's and a couple of other fun little songs, she wiggles her butt, claps her hands and flaps her ears. It's actually pretty adorable. She doesn't walk, I'm not sure what gave me the impression that it was supposed to walk but that was disappointing to me, it has no effect on my daughter who was just excited to see it dance and sing.
It does make a lot of noise as far as the mechanics are concerned. Though they aren't louder than the toy they do remind me of the old Terminator movies which is kinda weird. But my daughter "Mia" doesn't seem to mind at all and will carry "Mario" around the house, set her down and dance with her for a bit. The puppy also instructs the kids on how to interact with it which is pretty cool to see. The first time the puppy said "clap your hands" and started clapping my daughter squealed, started tip toeing around and clapping her hands. Did I say it was adorable already?

The toy does have a volume control on one of the feet, thank you FP! With the same control you can turn her off completely. So you've got loud, quiet and off.
It's not really very loud to begin with but adults will get tired of the songs before kids will so it's nice to tone it down a bit.
Another cool little feature it has is that if the puppy has tipped over and you press one of it's activation buttons it will only say "Uh oh" or "ooopsie!" and then giggle. Which is also pretty cute.

Despite it having moving, mechanical parts and electronics it seems to stand up to quite a bit of abuse. While my daughter isn't a particularly abusive child, the toy has been drug around by the ear, laid on and knocked over in frantic dance fests a few times now.

So in short my daughter loves this toy and interacts with it a lot. I waited a month before I wrote this review to make sure I wasn't just giving you the initial "I love any toy ever... for 2 hours" response that most kids have. No she still loves it and carries it around the house.

One quick warning, some kids don't react well to electronic toys. I've actually seen a friends kid be terrified of a "Tickle Me Elmo" back when those were the hot thing. You might want to experiment with a small, less committal electronic toy before you pop the big dancing puppy down in front of them. Nothing makes you feel worse than getting a toy that terrifies your child. No matter how cute it is, sometimes they just don't like em.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]