2.0 out of 5 stars As described but not what I expected, March 16, 2012
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($300-$350) (Personal Computers)
I bought this warranty for my Toshiba Thrive. When I broke my screen, I contact to Squaretrade with expecting that they will fix my tablet, because it was being sold a lot.
However, they told me that since it costs a lot of money to fix the broken screen, they would not send my tablet back. Instead they sent me the check which is equivalent value to what I paid for my tablet.
But what I really disappointed is their attitude when I asked how my tablet would be handled. Although it was locked, a professional can break into it and can get information about my accounts at Google, Facebook, Twitter, and etc. When I asked them how they will going to dispose my tablet, one of customer service specialists replied as "We understand your privacy and do not leak the information whatsoever." I hope they did not leak my information.

BTW the reason why the most of people make "5-star" reviews is because the SquareTrade gives $100 Gift Card to someone who wrote 5-star review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2012 4:03:57 PM PDT
A. Sadeghi says:
Therefore, did they sent you the check quickly? How do you know that they gonna pay $100 Gift Card to someone who wrote 5-star review.

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 10:16:42 AM PDT
omg they sent your money back and you're complaining. man can't please some people!

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 1:45:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2013 1:46:58 PM PDT
I can't believe that anyone would send their personal computer, tablet, or phone anywhere with all the information on it! That's just asking for trouble. Always make (or have) a complete back up and then do a deep erase of the hard drive.

Now, in this situation with a broken screen, it might be more dicey-- you might need some way of hooking up an external monitor so that you can see what's going on.

Oh, and you've just libeled all the 5-star reviewers by claiming that they get gift cards. In my experience, SquareTrade does a fine job-- excellent repairs, fast turn-around--and I've never received a gift card from them. (Too bad, that! :-) )
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (3,307 customer reviews)
 (2,465)