5 of 13 people found the following review helpful
NOT their first album... This is a cover band playing Steppenwolf songs,
This review is from: Steppenwolf '97 (Audio CD)
Made in EU in 1996, Serial # EXP-029, Playing Time 48:24
Yes, it comes as a picture disc... but what we have here is some cover band performing tracks originally played by Steppenwolf; since there are absolutely no credits on the CD, perhaps it features a former band member? No matter, this is NOT Steppenwolf... doesn't even sound like Steppenwolf!
There have been "versions" of this material (even one with the official Steppenwolf logo!) under various titles (even one called "Born To Be Wild"). [...]
Track listing is as follows:
1) Born To Be Wild ("Steppenwolf")
2) Magic Carpet Ride ("Steppenwolf The Second")
3) Monster ("Monster", performed as mixed for single version)
4) America (nothing to do with the track of the same name on "Monster")
5) Power Play ("Monster")
6) What Would You Do ("Monster")
7) The Paymaster (origin unknown)
8) Back Home (origin unknown)
9) Draft Register (sic, "Draft Resister" from "Monster")
10) From Here To Eventually (actually "Rockbuster", origin unknown)
11) Three Stripes (origin unknown)
12) Suicide (nothing to do with the track of the same name on "Monster")
I've included above the albums that contained the ORIGINAL versions, just to make sure nobody confuses this release with their 1st album. The versions here aren't bad, but it's NOT Steppenwolf.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2009 10:18:14 AM PDT
Aron Rush says:
Excellent review. I can't believe these other people don't even know what songs were on Steppenwolf's first album, not to mention rerecorded versions of the songs!
Posted on Dec 17, 2009 7:23:54 AM PST
Jed Jacobs says:
i think you are reviewing a different record. This Definitely is the first steppenwolf Lp. You are Reviewing Steppenwolf 97 a ripoff CD!
Posted on Aug 20, 2010 5:30:02 PM PDT
This is the first Steppenwolf album.Forget this revue.
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2010 5:41:04 PM PDT
If you paid any attention to the artwork shown (and the matrix I provided) for my review, you would notice my review belongs to a Steppenwolf album called "Steppenwolf" (and released as a picture disc!), which Amazon re-named months later as "Steppenwolf '97", even though no such name is written anymore on this release. Though I do admire their 1st album, what we see here (if the cover says "Picture Disc") is an entirely different release.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›